On-line auctions- ET cows

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Has anyone ever used the on-line auctions like the Royal Flush Sale by ET Cows this week? I'm not promoting the sale but was just curious if anyone has used something like this before?
http://www.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mndetails.cgi?wendt1

You evidently place bids on-line during a certain allotted time period. i guess I find all this to be fascinating, how the internet has changed the way we can do business. You have a diverse group of breeders across the country offering different genetics & packages. None of the cattle are present, just on the screen. Looking through the listings some very good bloodlines & opportunities for flushes.
Just curious what everyone thought or if you have had any experience with it.

Red

OH Breeder

red said:
Has anyone ever used the on-line auctions like the Royal Flush Sale by ET Cows this week? I'm not promoting the sale but was just curious if anyone has used something like this before?
http://www.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mndetails.cgi?wendt1

You evidently place bids on-line during a certain allotted time period. i guess I find all this to be fascinating, how the internet has changed the way we can do business. You have a diverse group of breeders across the country offering different genetics & packages. None of the cattle are present, just on the screen. Looking through the listings some very good bloodlines & opportunities for flushes.
Just curious what everyone thought or if you have had any experience with it.

Red
Red, I bought my Dr. WHo x Partisover baby that way. It is cool deal. I really like it. Get a number bid and then usually they arrange shipping or you can pick up.

red

Yes, I saw a lot of Partsiover Over genetics in it. Plus some really interesting things from Wolfes.

Red

red

Cowz- was this where your son was looking? I found the people you mentioned. Great cattle. Now know who your talking about. Check w/ OH B, he's more into Ohio Shorthorns than me.

Red

cowz

The Augusta Pride embryos went for $975 each last night.  Too bad we bought all that hay....priorities....priorities....... ;)  Was anyone else watching anything??

OH Breeder

cowz said:
The Augusta Pride embryos went for $975 each last night.  Too bad we bought all that hay....priorities....priorities....... ;)  Was anyone else watching anything??
How about the full brother that sullivans sold eggs. 6280 really that is deal if the eggs stick. Four for the price of one. That was a buy, but you are right, priorities tis the season. Grain prices are AWFUL! My feed bill just keeps climbing.

red

I really like that lot 8 the Carney Man x Sasafrass ( Meyer x Iceman). Nice looking female.
Sassafrass.jpg

Oh, to only have some extra money laying around. Money & space- that's the biggest thing here. We are a full capacity for hubby & myself.

Red

red

saw the final bids. Looked liked some good buys.
If no bid- does that mean no one bid or the price wasn't high enough to sell?

Red

Joe Boy

Red I bought 20 straws of the ELE Ransom bull owned by Encore.  He is a son of Hotline and the ELE Mae.  I think he will work on some of my young cows and plan to use him in June.  I have bought semen from the auction before and they treat me right.  I also have used several bulls by Encore.

OH Breeder

red said:
saw the final bids. Looked liked some good buys.
If no bid- does that mean no one bid or the price wasn't high enough to sell?

Red
that means that no one bid if you do not see a final price beside the lots.