One and Only or Dream on?

Help Support Steer Planet:

WHLR SIMMENTALS

I am wondering if you had the choice to breed this Cow(100% simmi) would you pick One and Only or Dream on I have both just wanting some help making the right choice! She has a heifer calf on her right now she is almost a month old.

Attachments

• 2010_0605Joker0006.JPG
    2010_0605Joker0006.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 224

Steer4Caddy

That is two very different routes if you ask me.  One and Only if you want a show steer and a heifer that may be useful.  Dream on if you want a maternal oriented calf that can be registered.  I did buy some One and Only semen and bred some for next year but I use Dream On sons to offset the clubby bulls I use sometimes also.

WHLR SIMMENTALS

I agree on differnt routes its not an easy one, The last 2 years we have used club calves and she has done a wonderfull job and her steers have sold for pretty good money. We are wanting some maternal genentics in are herd. But on the other hand not really wanting to lose out on her raising a good show calf. I have also ordered some smilin Boband Im tossing that around in my head also. We have some really nice PB simmental cows and Im just wanting some direction. They have all produced big boned, ok hair and nice frames just lacking good muscle.

gary89

WHLR SIMMENTALS said:
I am wondering if you had the choice to breed this Cow(100% simmi) would you pick One and Only or Dream on I have both just wanting some help making the right choice! She has a heifer calf on her right now she is almost a month old.
If you want to go the club calf route I would use a TH carrier for the sake of hair. She looks like a darn good cow, I would probably try Walks Alone or Walks on Water. Good luck.