One cool website!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Telos

Was looking at the Browarny Photography website and discovered some really nice pictures of famous bulls and some old video footage. They have footage of
Dollar II, Darco, Coco Cola along with Shorthorn, Simmental, Ch'is,  etc.  Maine breeders, check out the bull Vainqueur. I really like his looks. He is in Smithbuilt's pedigree.

Check it out-  http://www.browarny.com/legacy/

afhm

I sure can remeber attending sales where Fred "Hoss" Shaw was a ringman.  He was a character and fun to watch.  People would fly him all over the world to have him work their sales.  He was one of a kind like Stanely Stout they broke the molds after making those 2 for sure.

red

Thanks Telos. I know Knabe uses the site quite a bit. Great reference place.

Red

knabe

i have been talking a lot with these guys.  they have around 3 million stock photos dating back to the 60's and 70's and are in process of digitizing the entire collection at a maximum resolution possible with today's technology.  what is great is that film is essentially at infinity resolution compared to digital, and the color is at infinity as well. Mr. Browarny is extremely interested in history.  this site triggered me to initiate the threads about bull hall of fame and others regarding older genetics, particularly the thought process that went into bringing them here.  with the link i posted the other day about genetic diversity and the bias of maximum productivity,  sources of diversity are being lost that contain responses to environmental and input constraints we are not aware of.