One in a million

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakie

I had a cow calve today and if she took AI she is 10 days early. The cow is a G13 structure x simmi.Has anyone else had cows go early to this bull? We had a destroyer calf come 10 days early last year out of an angus cow so hopefully that is the case.

CAB

10 days early would not unusual. If the calf were 31 days early you could tell for sure. What was the BW approximately?

oakie

Not a clue, I will post when I know. My dad just said a black cow calved up a field and there are only 5 of my cows up that field and she is the only one that would be able to calve at that date. Weird though, I bred her on the 20th of april and saw her being followed around by the bull 38 days later (false heat?)

oakie

It wasn't that cow, it was a cow that calved and then bred back 25 days later. Talk about productive, I totally ruled her out for calving this early.

DRC

I've had ET babies (confirmed with ultrasound) calve anywhere from 10 days early to 10 days late.  Those people that don't age at preg check could potentially miss one due to that fact alone.  Is she a 10 day overdue ET baby or an 8-10 day early bull bred?

Cattledog

A couple years ago we had a cow calve two weeks early.  It was an AI sired calf.

oakie

It was a different cow. She bred back 25 days after calving last year. The One in a million cow isn't bagged up enough to calve in 10 days. Will keep posted if she goes over 10 though (20 from now), that would be a great suprise. Does anyone have any photos of that bulls calves anyways?