One of our favorites- comments welcomed.

Help Support Steer Planet:

HAB

Here is one of our 2012 :eek: heifers we have high hopes for this show season.

Attachments

• 1472sept23.jpg
    1472sept23.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 232

ruhtram

She looks really nice! I can't imagine what she looks like clipped out.  What does her pedigree look like?

HAB

Thanks

She is rough clipped, and is wet and just combed in the pic.

She is a fullblood Galloway

LLBUX

Do you normally block them like other breeds or leave the hair longer to show breed character?

I prefer to leave the hair longer on my Belties, but the showring trend is to block them or clip them fairly short.

HAB

LLBUX said:
Do you normally block them like other breeds or leave the hair longer to show breed character?

I prefer to leave the hair longer on my Belties, but the showring trend is to block them or clip them fairly short.

We have left a lot of hair in years past.  If we have a Galloway breeder from another country judging, we leave quite a bit of hair.  When we have non Galloway breeders as judges, we clip / fit the cattle.

HAB

AAOK said:
Lookin' Good!  I would love the see her in person.

Thanks

She will be in Denver in January, that may be as close as she will ever get to ya.  ;)

I will try and get some other angle shots, she has a heck of a hip on her, and her loin is wide.

Mueller Show Cattle

Yes, she is a Pericles daughter.
[/quote]

Harley, the more calves I see out of Pericles, the more I can't wait till calving season. Have a heatwave cow bred to Pericles which will be her 2nd calf. The HW cow is really thick and deep but a little short but Pericles will help with that along with great hair as she already has good hair. Can't wait till early April. Bull or heifer, will be good. She is the black heifer in my avatar photo which was before she was even bred with her 1st calf. Eye Candy 2?

HAB

Big M Show Cattle said:
Yes, she is a Pericles daughter.

Harley, the more calves I see out of Pericles, the more I can't wait till calving season. Have a heatwave cow bred to Pericles which will be her 2nd calf. The HW cow is really thick and deep but a little short but Pericles will help with that along with great hair as she already has good hair. Can't wait till early April. Bull or heifer, will be good. She is the black heifer in my avatar photo which was before she was even bred with her 1st calf. Eye Candy 2?
[/quote]

Brad,  thanks

Pericles has thrown some good ones.  Bobby Wellner really likes the calves he got out of him.  

We have some full blood bull calves that are very very STOUT.

Here's to your cow having a calf better than Eye Candy.    <beer>

HAB

more pics

Attachments

• 1472 top.jpg
    1472 top.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 1472.jpg
    1472.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 1472rear9-30-12.jpg
    1472rear9-30-12.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 186

HAB

another heifer we are taking.  Show next week.

Attachments

• 2042 heifer-100912.jpg
    2042 heifer-100912.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 166

Latest posts