Opininons...NEW PICTURE!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

ShowmanQ

I have posted this heifer on here before, but I got a new picture of her and was wondering what some opinions were. I would like some opinions on both the heifer and the photography.
Thanks

Attachments

• velvet sale pic RESIZE.jpg
    velvet sale pic RESIZE.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 666

knabe

since no one has chirped, i'll try.

put a better background on and don't cut and paste it.  put the time in the background rather than putting one on with a computer.

to me, she looks a little too narrow front to back.  she looks good coming out of her withers through her neck both ways, but is going to dip in her middle maybe.  she's a little splay footed front and rear.  she's open in her shoulder point and pinched at the elbow.  i hope she levels out enough as she gets older.  i'm probably way to extreme in not liking them to have that "growth" potential and like them a little more level while still retaining some muzzle length and long bone.  i really can not stand the leveling platforms everyone uses for pictures.  i think that concept alone is more deceptive than just about any photoshopping (not that you did it here).  you have her profile on her legs well.

ShowmanQ

knabe said:
since no one has chirped, i'll try.

put a better background on and don't cut and paste it.  put the time in the background rather than putting one on with a computer.

Knabe,
I appreciate your input, but I did not cut and paste a background. The background you see is the true background of the picture, just blurred out. I have taken the liberty of including the original picture in the post.

Attachments

• IMG_0594 resize.jpg
    IMG_0594 resize.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 573

shortyjock89

I would blur it a little less.  It looks fake, even though it's not.  That Photoshop thing is harder than it looks, I'm sure.  Decent little heifer, I would like to see a little stronger top to her though.

inthebarnagain

I like the background clear better too.  I also thought you had cut and pasted.  Maybe just blur the fence or something

ShowmanQ

any better?

Attachments

• velvet re edited resized.jpg
    velvet re edited resized.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 479

shortyjock89

MUCH better.  That's starting to look pretty professional if you ask me.  I don't think I could do any of it, but you seem to be catching on quick.

knabe

this version demonstrates why it is important to make sure the sun is behind you. there is an ear shadow on her face, the flank is dark and needs a remote light source and/or a flash (yes, even in daylight).  this picture clearly demonstrates why it is difficult to take pictures of black cattle.  you could dodge the dark area, but the best time saver is managing light.

Bawndoh

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
MUCH better.  That's starting to look pretty professional if you ask me.  I don't think I could do any of it, but you seem to be catching on quick.

He has a good coach!  (big wink).

amss101

Hairy thang? I like her pretty.Selling her? :)  (thumbsup)