Opinion Please

Help Support Steer Planet:

Hello everyone.I am new to this board and just wanted to ask ya'lls opionion on something.I have a reg simmental heifer that will be 2 years old in Feb and I was wondering what you would think she would bring if I sold her right now.I want to buy a younger heifer mainly a main or clubby type heifer.

Attachments

• lady__12S0916060001lowresA[1].jpg
    lady__12S0916060001lowresA[1].jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 335
  • SUNP0042(1).JPG
    SUNP0042(1).JPG
    246 KB · Views: 343
Sorry they are not the greatest pictures but they are the best ones I have.She did really well at my county fair and won GC.She's a pretty big heifer and would probably do real well for someone into the registered cattle business or even crosses.I would love to hear ya'lls opionion.Thanks

Show Heifer

What are her bloodlines? Is she bred? That info would be important to pricing her.

OH Breeder

Few things in regards to your questions. I think price is dependant on the market in your area. Our area is saturated with good stock and lots of breeders. So, that makes a difference. Bloodlines are also important, some females are later maturing. I would like to see more condition on her but think she clean made and has nice neck extension for simmi. Definitely have her bred if you are going to try and sell her. That is also dependant on who you will target. Breed her clubby calving ease( I know that sounds like an oxymoron) or purebred simmi like Dream On or other hot simmi sires. Unbred she would probably sell in the 700-900 range. Bred 1200. JMO.....

Rocky Hill Simmental

She looks pretty good. Simmentals are my favorite breed. She has a really clean neck for a simmental - My simmies always seem to have a huge dewlap on them.  ;D

Who's in her bloodlines?

If she's not bred then I'd sell her for around $1,100 and if she is bred don't let her go for any cheaper than $1,500. You might be able to get more if your county fair is real well known around your area since she was the grand champion. But if your pricing her to sell, she might have to go a little cheaper.

Jill

She looks like she could use some feed, OH Breeder is probably pretty close on what she is actually worth.