Opinions Anyone?

Help Support Steer Planet:

garett

Hey Everyone!

I finally got my heifer shown last weekend so I thought I would throw up a picture and see what you all thought. Shes a PB Shorthorn out of a Sin City son and an ARSULU Good Poppin Cow. She also goes back to Double Vision on her maternal side. She's only a May so she got blown away by two much bigger heifers. I think she is coming along though, and she has been started on beet pulp and cotton seeds hulls so I expect to see her flank starting to drop soon hopefully.

Attachments

• Moms-Cattle Show 067small.jpg
    Moms-Cattle Show 067small.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 202

flacowman

She looks very correct and I appreciate the length of body.  Usually her type will grow into a little more depth, especially not being a year old yet.  Very solid heifer that I wish you all the best of luck with

garett

I really hope she grows into some more depth of body. I will admit she does turn out some on the front, which worries me a little. I think a good feet trimming will do her some good though

Telos

Garrett. They're allowed to toe out a little. She could be a lot worse. Nice solid heifer.

shortyjock89

She's a really nice heifer bud.  Make sure she's getting enough hay. You get her to belly down, and she could be a VERY good heifer.  Good luck with her!

garett

I guess I just think she toes out more than I think she should, she still walks fine though. And Justin as far as I know she is getting as much hay as she want, or atleast as much as my dad gives her when I gone during the week. And thanks for the compliment!

LittleHeifer

She is a really nice heifer with great coloring that will stand out in the show ring, always a plus. I can see what you mean about the feet but I think with a good trim that will correct itself, not that it is a huge problem as long as it is not hurting her and she is walking fine a judge will most the time pass it up. (feet come in when it comes down to nit picky judging btwn two really nice cattle) I think she is going to do awesome in the showring. she is nice and straight over her top, she has a get set to her tail head. she has a great feminine head and a good spring of rib, she has good depth that I am sure will increase with time. She rounds out over her rear end and doesn't slope or fall out. It looks like she has a good wide rear end. She has a good set to her legs. She isn't wasty anywhere That I can see. All over a very nice heifer. Good Luck with her
Little Heifer (angel)

Latest posts