Opinions *link to video added* - new pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ruchian

What do you think of these.  The black one is a paddy o'malley out of a lim x angus cross cow and is bred to an ali son.  The black and white is a hairy out of an angus cow bred to occ lando 636L which is a occ just right out of the birthmark cow.  Neither picture is very good and the one of the hairy is actually a picture of a video because I have had a chance to get a good picture yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0532x2.jpg
    IMG_0532x2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_0535x2.jpg
    IMG_0535x2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 526

Bawndoh

The B & W lady screams COW, COW, COW.  I dont think you could go wrong with her.  From a profile standpoint, she has everything you could ever want in a brood cow.

OH Breeder

It would be nice to see them from different angles. The first cow is little short necked and looks a bit finer boned...The second cow is deep bodied looks soggy made but needs some cleaning up in the front end as well. It would depend on what you breed them too and what your plans are for them.

Ruchian

I will try to get some more pictures soon but neither of them are actually at my place so it is  kind of hard.  Both of them look better in person, especially the black one.  I would like to give her a longer neck but is is longer than it looks in that picture.  She is finer boned than the other but she isn't that bad.  Those would be the two biggest flaws with her.  Both of these pictures are from atleast a month ago.  The black one is still developing a lot and I just saw her yesterday and she is looking a lot better than she did in the picture.  I like the Hairy more myself but I liked the price on the other and I think that bred to the right bull they will both have some nice calves.

Here is a link to a video and another picture of the Hairy.  They are both from the middle of a drought and a bunch of 100 plus degree weather, although there is plenty of grass in the picture.
http://www.westernonlinemarket.com/Auction/APViewItem.asp?ID=301

Thanks for the comments.
Any ideas on what to breed them to next?

OH Breeder

Ruchian said:
I will try to get some more pictures soon but neither of them are actually at my place so it is  kind of hard.  Both of them look better in person, especially the black one.  I would like to give her a longer neck but is is longer than it looks in that picture.  She is finer boned than the other but she isn't that bad.  Those would be the two biggest flaws with her.  Both of these pictures are from atleast a month ago.  The black one is still developing a lot and I just saw her yesterday and she is looking a lot better than she did in the picture.   I like the Hairy more myself but I liked the price on the other and I think that bred to the right bull they will both have some nice calves.

Here is a link to a video and another picture of the Hairy.  They are both from the middle of a drought and a bunch of 100 plus degree weather, although there is plenty of grass in the picture.
http://www.westernonlinemarket.com/Auction/APViewItem.asp?ID=301

Thanks for the comments.
Any ideas on what to breed them to next?

The sight is hard to navigate and I am not finding video's of the females that you listed.

Ruchian

If you just click on the link and scroll down there will be a big black box that says click to play.  It only has a video of the black and white one, the other one came from somewhere else.

Ruchian

Here are some more pictures of the black and white heifer.  They aren't the best quality because I took them with my phone and she is moving in some of them.

Attachments

• 09-12-08_1402x2.jpg
    09-12-08_1402x2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 247
  • 09-12-08_1356x2.jpg
    09-12-08_1356x2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 09-12-08_1357x2.jpg
    09-12-08_1357x2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 09-12-08_1358x2.jpg
    09-12-08_1358x2.jpg