Opinions of Steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

SweetJ09

This is a sun seeker steer i got two weeks ago. Hes still a little damp in the pic show his hair dosn't look as good as it would. The last pic is him 2 weeks ago dry and clipped for the sale. Any opinions would be great. Tomorrow il try to get pics of him dry.

Attachments

• cattle 004.jpg
    cattle 004.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 522
  • cattle 002.jpg
    cattle 002.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 506
  • cattle 003.jpg
    cattle 003.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 505
  • cattle 001.jpg
    cattle 001.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 500
  • new.JPG
    new.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 501

Ruchian

he looks good.  you'll want to watch the front legs, it looks like they toe out.

SweetJ09

Yes, ive noticed that, could this change at as he grows? or be changed by the way we trim his hooves?

Ruchian

keeping his hooves trimmed will definetely help.  If anything they could get worse as he grows but my steer last year started off fine then toed out for about a month and then was fine at show so you never know.

gocanes719

Get someone experienced to trim him.  You need to let his feet grow, he is awfully short toed behind.  If he was maine I don't touch his feet for a few months and keep him on some ground that is conducive to letting his feet grow.  Then, when it comes time to try to correct him the hoof trimmer has something to work with.  If you really feel the need to have him trimmed they need to burn his heel and leave his toes alone.

RSC

Boy what a color pattern.  My boys would have a blast namin him.  Are you sure the Dam wasn't a Holstein? (lol)  How bout Oreo, Flash or Stein?  If you don't get a look with that color pattern somethings wrong.

The hooves actually look like they might have been trimmed already.  Ask the seller for advice on the feet.  I had a steer last year that toed out as well.  I use a trimmer that I'm very comfortable with.  Some just trim he works to correct.  He likes to get one like this and trim them every couple months.  My trimmer doesnt use a power sander so it's easier on the calf as far as soarness.

Good luck and let us know his Name.

RSC

renegade

Ours uses two types of "blades" i guess u call them on his sanders and he also has some nippers he uses before that if he needs it. He is sooooo good a little more spendy - 15 a head but way worth it - when hes done it can make the diffrence in one or two spots in your class

RSC

BCCC said:
RSC said:
My trimmer doesnt use a power sander so it's easier on the calf as far as soarness.

RSC
What does he use?
  He uses all hand tools.  Nippers and a file.  He can trim and file to where he wants them.  He doesnt' like the power sander as it brings heat.  He is even more spendy, over $ 25.00.  What I like is that if you run
short on time and need one to be corrected, He can do it right before the show.  He has done for years and I have been very happy with the results.

RSC

Deaves Show Cattle

WOW!!! What a calf!

Love his marks. Few Questions. Is he for sale? Where are you located? What are you asking for him- base price/ set price?

Thanks,
Christian