Opinions of these calves please

Help Support Steer Planet:

REBShorthorns

Please tell me your opinions of these two bull calves I have raised. They are trump x rodeo gold rose and are may 2012 babies. Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 134

OH Breeder

My question would be what are you planning to do with them? I am assuming both are steer calves?

I never had any luck with Trump. I know he has worked a ton for others. The two calves look like they might be larger in their make up in the end.

REBShorthorns

Right now they are bulls. Just couldt bring my self to steer them just yet with their pedigrees. They are just starting to gain weight after being weaned and have not been clipped.  Thanks for the input

mark tenenbaum

Reb-Im just gonna be very blunt-the first calf has no business being a bull-pedigree or not-the second is harder to tell-but he doesnt appear to be stout or masculine enough for today-granted the rodeo gold rose female(s) was exceptional -but just like alot of the high dollar embryos Ive raised that didnt turn out-thats a female mating-I just dont see how you would keep either one a bull. O0

AG TEACHER

CUT THEM!!!!! send them to town never look back and be glad they are gone!!! CORN IS $8.00 

OH Breeder

REBShorthorns said:
Right now they are bulls. Just couldt bring my self to steer them just yet with their pedigrees. They are just starting to gain weight after being weaned and have not been clipped.   Thanks for the input

From the pictures you have they do not look masculine enough nor do they exhibit enough natural muscle expression to be kept as herd sires. Genetics or not they would not work for our program but everyone has different goals and objectives. I would cut them.