Opinions on a shorthorn steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

everybreedcounts

This is my county fair steer I paid $2000 for him. opinions on him?

Attachments

• assad.jpg
    assad.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1490.JPG
    IMG_1490.JPG
    651.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    828.3 KB · Views: 155

everybreedcounts

if you ment his breeding, i have a pedigree on him but im not familar with shorthorn genetics, but i can tell you he wasnt out of any AI bulls, he was a natural service calf. he might have fancy genetics somewhere in his background but i dont know

Mill Iron A

Truthfully I'm pretty impressed.  I'd make sure and loin him down when you showed him but he is actually pretty stout for a pb.

kfacres

everybreedcounts said:
if you ment his breeding, i have a pedigree on him but im not familar with shorthorn genetics, but i can tell you he wasnt out of any AI bulls, he was a natural service calf. he might have fancy genetics somewhere in his background but i dont know

that's what I want... 

If you have a pedigree-- post the registration name and number of both parents-- unless your calf is registered-- then post his registration number.

shortdawg

nice calf that should be pretty competitive for your county show - should finish out pretty nicely - good luck

OH Breeder

The white on him shows you have done your work. There isn't any yellowing from staining. Excellent job with his coat. I like his stance he seems wide base and nice top. Has a good rear for purebred Shorthorn. Goodluck with your calf.

heatherleblanc

He's a really nice steer for a pb, he's nice and stout with loads of thickness.  I can't quite tell from the picture, but I think I'd like to drop him down in the twist a bit.

everybreedcounts

outspoken said:
everybreedcounts said:

that's what I want... 

If you have a pedigree-- post the registration name and number of both parents-- unless your calf is registered-- then post his registration number.

his registration number is *x4182378
name PFI STEER 19

kfacres

everybreedcounts said:
outspoken said:
everybreedcounts said:

that's what I want... 

his registration number is *x4182378
name PFI STEER 19

Interesting pedigree-- first thing that catches my eye-- is wondering if this steer comes from the same cow line as JPJ-- without looking it up, I say yes-- b/c of the Poly Cumb. cow name, actually maybe a double shot if you click the topside of the pedigree as well-- (Cow bred to E>J>.)  Again this may be, and may not be.. I don't have time to research it, but if someone really cared-- then they could..  Maybe even a 3rd shot on the cow bred to Enticer-- again--- all Poly Cumberland cow name.

2nd thoughts- not much on the reg paper pedigree-- but click off of it, and tons shows up of the same ole same ole.. Enticer, Rodeo Drive, Eskimo Joe, and Red Cloud... All bulls very close up in good, highly promoted AI bulls of today...

Neat pedigree really... thanks for sharing.  Pretty loud on the color for my tastes-- but takes nothing away from true taste.

Duncraggan

I like the muscling on the hindquarter in the first picture, good to see on a PB Shorthorn.

Imagine how good he will taste when his show career is over! ;)