harrisonshowgurl

Opinions on this heifer. thanks!

***updated pics at end of thread!

Attachments

• IMG00682.jpg
    IMG00682.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 317

fed_champions

You really got to appreciate this females eye appeal, shes really long fronted and level designed. From what i can tell from the profile, she's probably wide made and muscular, I really like the turn to her lower quarter. With this said, i think she could stand to be a bit larger footed and use a bit more flex to her hock. She also looks a bit steery for a heifer to me, as a smokey female, she's probably been bred clubby and this is sometimes a result of that. In some judges opinions, this could hurt her in the showring. However, as a cow she should be able to produce some nice steers if bred to the right bull. IMO I would breed her to a huge footed, sound structured bull, who wont take away from her eye appeal.

Bradenh

thats right she sure has alot of good to her! four or 5  years in the future i can just see a grand champ or a promotion bull out of her and a bull like monopoly or my turn

showsteerdlux

She has alot of mass to her but if I was going to get critical of her, I'd say she looks a little to terminal in her makeup. We have a monopoly heifer that has the same issue. She'll make a heck of a Market Heifer, but chances are she might get buried in the breeding division just because she is so massive in her makeup. I like her though.

rackranch

X2, and I think she has plenty of foot as well as set to her hock... nice heifer

showsteernc said:
She has alot of mass to her but if I was going to get critical of her, I'd say she looks a little to terminal in her makeup. We have a monopoly heifer that has the same issue. She'll make a heck of a Market Heifer, but chances are she might get buried in the breeding division just because she is so massive in her makeup. I like her though.

garybob

She looks like the " type & kind" that Claude Smith likes. Roger Morris and Kirk Powell's buyers wouldn't appreciate her, at all.

GB

SeannyT

You've got a very sweet looking heifer. Very feminine looking and trememdous hip and quarter from the picture that I am looking at. Should do very well with her wherever you take her.

jallen

She looks very nice. She could be a tad longer but thank you for taking a good pic and showing us your heifer at the best you can make her.

Indian Creek Cattle

We sold this calf to this family recently.  She is a dandy, truly a good calf.  Yes, she has tons of mass and muscle to her but when you get behind or in front of her she doesn’t disappoint you at all by still being very feminine over all.  She will definitely turn the heads and draw the crowds.  She is a great overall heifer, and any calf can be picked out somehow.  But she will make the family happy; we gave them a great deal and saw a smile on their face.  She will raise them some great calves in the future with endless breeding possibilities. 

Lance,
Indian Creek Cattle

JAGUR01

Indian Creek Cattle said:
We sold this calf to this family recently.  She is a dandy, truly a good calf.  Yes, she has tons of mass and muscle to her but when you get behind or in front of her she doesn’t disappoint you at all by still being very feminine over all.  She will definitely turn the heads and draw the crowds.  She is a great overall heifer, and any calf can be picked out somehow.  But she will make the family happy; we gave them a great deal and saw a smile on their face.  She will raise them some great calves in the future with endless breeding possibilities. 

Lance,
Indian Creek Cattle

[/quote
Have any more like her? What's her pedigree?]

fed_champions

They asked for opinions, and from the picture i posted what i see. She is a very good heifer, and being a judge myself, i just stated what they might expect to hear if she gets beat.

And to Jallen, i think length of body is the opposite of what she needs. She looks rather lengthy to me, which is a good thing in the dinky world were surrounded by

harrisonshowgurl

Thanks for the replies! I loved reading all of them and seeing what different people thought of her. When I get another picture I'll post it, but I think she will do really well for me.

GB- I know kirk and roger won't like her!! We can't even sell our steers around here to them for a decent price, we usually haul them to Kansas to sell.

Indian Creek Cattle

JAGUR01 said:
Indian Creek Cattle said:

Lance,
Indian Creek Cattle
Have any more like her? What's her pedigree?]
PM me if you are interested in one like her and we'll go from there.

Indian Creek Cattle

You guys should go check out the ad in "classifieds" of the "smokey steer for sale in North Arkansas". They are sibs.

Lance,
Indian Creek Cattle

sewwhat

Nice smokey heifer!  Nate is showing a smokey heifer out of Brandy's chi heifer from last year.  Should be fun.  He is also showing a smokey steer from the Melsons. Are you going to show her commercial? or register her?  Look forward to seeing you and your family in the spring. 

Christi Cooper

HarrisonFun1

fed_champions said:
You really got to appreciate this females eye appeal, shes really long fronted and level designed. From what i can tell from the profile, she's probably wide made and muscular, I really like the turn to her lower quarter. With this said, i think she could stand to be a bit larger footed and use a bit more flex to her hock. She also looks a bit steery for a heifer to me, as a smokey female, she's probably been bred clubby and this is sometimes a result of that. In some judges opinions, this could hurt her in the showring. However, as a cow she should be able to produce some nice steers if bred to the right bull. IMO I would breed her to a huge footed, sound structured bull, who wont take away from her eye appeal.

Straight on both ends.

harrisonshowgurl

Here is a picture of what she looks like now! I am pleased with how she is looking, but would love some opinions on her and ways to improve her. Her next show is at the end of July! Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3720.JPG
    IMG_3720.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3725.JPG
    IMG_3725.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 197