Opinions on Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

TexanGertGirl

I have a Santa Gertrudis heifer that I got for HLSR Scramble Show this year. I have taken her to 2 local shows and 2 major shows and all of the judges said the sae thing about her: she needs more fat on her. I can't complain about that, since that is easy to fix (if i can find the right feed) but im having trouble finding the right feed. I used to feed Purina but that didn't seem to put any weight on her at all. I will post a picture of her soon but I would like any suggestions about feed or about her.
Thanks!

Mainevent

Well I'm not sure where you are located in Texas but I am from the Fort Worth area, we feed Bryant Grain it is locally milled in Aledo, Texas. Super feed, I was like you when I first started used all kinds of feeds until I finally settled upon Bryant, I have seen vast differences in feed intake, growth, among other traits. As for the heifer I would like to see her before making judgements.

dimebag

If your not too far from Bryan/CS , Producers makes great show feeds .

beefmasterboy24

We feed producers and it does a good job. But also we are a dealer for a feed supplement called R&D Top 2 Dressing. We are about 20 minutes outside of Bryan/CS. It is made in huntsville and it's good stuff.