Opinions on Hfrs in Rowe's Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

SSIMMENTALS

Hey Everyone. I'm thnking about trying to get a heifer in Rowe's sale tomorrow, and want some opinions if anyones seen the calves in person or can evaluate pictures really really well. Lots 30, 51, 62, 41, and 31. They're all kinda different in their own ways, but which do you find stronger, weaker? Faults that stick out to you, and if youv beed there how they move and look in real life.
Thanks,
Sarah
Lot 30 pictured 1
Lot 41 pictured 2

Attachments

• b roan.jpg
    b roan.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 417
  • Lot41%20Juneau%20SHAT%20602U_250.jpg
    Lot41%20Juneau%20SHAT%20602U_250.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 430

SSIMMENTALS

Lot 31
Lot 51
Lot 62

Attachments

• red and white hfr.jpg
    red and white hfr.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 422
  • horn hfr.jpg
    horn hfr.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 441
  • red white hfr.jpg
    red white hfr.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 412

zak

I saw the calves. I really like lot 30 and 62. There is another really nice heifer there that you did not add. Lot 38 really impressed me when I saw them. In her picture it look like there was somthing wrong with her front right leg but it was just the way the photographer caught her. Check theses females tommrow that i listed.

SSIMMENTALS

ZaK- Have you seen them move, how was it? and what do you think the frame is for the red 62 hfr?

OFS- Horn hfr is an april 10: pedigree not listed

Cattledog

Well, you can't blame the kid for promoting his own livestock! 

Cattledog

Shebet21 said:
Not at all but post made it sound like she stood out when he was there looking at calves. If it's good and he wants to promote it, so be it. Just be up front about it.

You got a point, but for all I know she does stand out.  The way I see it..she is still going to be displayed at the sale.  People will be able to tell if there is something wrong with her.  If they don't know enough about how to evaluate cattle they should of brought someone who does.  I have had a lot of people rave about calves and when I see them I either agree or disagree about their quality.  If you make all of your purchases based off of pictures, well, I will bet that you will have a couple of disappointing purchases. 

I guess I found the post more humorous than anything.

zak

Yes , She is my heifer. I am just trying to promote her. I am only 14 so I really dont have that big of a name so I am trying to help her out. The reaon i said there is nothing wrong with her front leg because that was a turn off to alot of people but it really shouldnt be. Most the time if they see somthing that they dont like in the sale catalog they will most likely overlook her on sale day.

Zak

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

Lay off the kid, remember this is a business first and foremost. So what if he really likes his animal, nothing wrong having pride in you animals. As a sales man i would never show the bad points of heifer if i was trying to sell her. And if someone made a comment, my next option would be to play it down.

OH Breeder

Those that cruise the board would notice Zak did post a picture of her about a week ago and asked for input. Just do a seach of Zak's post and you can see a big pic of her. NIce heifer. Take it in stride. No sweat Zak. ;)

red

Zak- you have all the rights of being proud of her. I think there was no problem promoting her.
I do agree that I'd not bring up any flaws. Always be positive.

Red

Shebet21

Yes , She is my heifer. I am just trying to promote her. I am only 14 so I really dont have that big of a name so I am trying to help her out. The reaon i said there is nothing wrong with her front leg because that was a turn off to alot of people but it really shouldnt be. Most the time if they see somthing that they dont like in the sale catalog they will most likely overlook her on sale day.

Zak

Big name, little name or no name at all you should be proud of her, she is a nice heifer. I guess I just took it wrong when you brought her up as a good one and didn't tell everyone you had raised her. I apologize.

red

although sale is probably over w/ lot 31 would have been my pick. OK, I know, no surprise that she's red!

Red

dlt

zak said:
I saw the calves. I really like lot 30 and 62. There is another really nice heifer there that you did not add. Lot 38 really impressed me when I saw them. In her picture it look like there was somthing wrong with her front right leg but it was just the way the photographer caught her. Check theses females tommrow that i listed.
Zak, do you know if lot 30 blue roan heifer, was raised by Rowe's or consigned to the sale? Thanks