opinions on market heifer-how she did

Help Support Steer Planet:

heiferbabe787

This is my FFA heifer this year and i would love your opinions on her. She was born in April 2012 and is sired by Naughty Pine, her dam is an Alias. The first picture is from August and was around a week after I got her. The last picture is how she looks now. My fair starts July 19th and I would love any advice to make her better. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• ........2.jpg
    ........2.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,116
  • ......3.jpg
    ......3.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,149
  • ......45.jpg
    ......45.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,166

Gargan

She looks great. Looks like you've done a good job feeding her. She ought to show well for you. Should make a  great  cow too at the end of the day. Well done!

mark tenenbaum

OINK OINK!!! WUT a SOW! me like-Id be carefull breeding first go-cuz she has some shoulder-SHED HAVE TO: being that thick. I dont think you could clip it out-because shes SLICK-and THICCCCCCCKKKK! Cowabunga-you did a great job developing her-but had a real good one to start-just go in the ring-and do your thing! O0

simba

I really like her!! You did a great job feeding her; judging from the first picture I would have never expected her to turn out as good as she did. Congratulations and let us know how she does!

BTDT

Nice heifer. Her shoulders do look a bit course, which may or may not create issues with her travel.
I am assuming that since you classified her as a "market" heifer, she will be sold to slaughter and not taken home to be bred. Which I find acceptable since the hard feed that it took to get her show ready will probably create issues with not only her udder but also her reproductive tract.
You have a done fine job and your work has paid off. Congratulations.

heiferbabe787

Thank you for all the comments! I had a great fair this year even though the judges didn't appreciate her size. She ended up weighing 1040 lbs and stood 44 inches at her shoulder. In the market show she got fourth because the judge said that she was too fat. In the county produced show she got third because of her height. I thought that she looked very good though. I'm still very proud of how she did and ended up bringing her home to see if I can get any good claves out of her(she is too sweet to let go on the truck) ;D . My other shows went great also. I got three first place ribbons and a reserve with my hogs and I got two first place ribbons, a reserve, and grand with my market wether. Thanks again for the comments.

DCC show cattle

Turn her out and let her lose all that bloom and fluff haha I know shes your baby but its the best thing in the world for them to turn out and let them be cows!