Opinions on my Monopoly x Dr. Who heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

We have AIed 10 head to I80 this year. One is a Monopoly 2nd calver. Ill let you know if you remind me this spring. The others cows are Meyer 734s, some Maines and some PB Simmis. We wanted some Maine influenced replacements and after ultrsounding for sex we have 9 bulls for sure and one heifer (maybe) go figure....

mark tenenbaum

CMB said:
I'd look at the Angus bull Rodman. He is proven calving ease. He keeps them stout, has a great style and super fronted. I-80 would be my choice if I hadn't seen 100# calves out of him. I would go proven calving ease first time around./// 2 best choices JMO-Midcontinent breeds more show calves out of more combos than anyone-Rodman really works on a variety of thier cattle. I wouldnt rule out a Proud Jazz sib or son-Ive been seeing some really good females out of Monoploy-Heatwave genetics on Shorts-and the calving ease is as good as any breed . O0

http://www.cattlevisions.com/Angus/JsarMrHotRod.php

ChristaCheatham

frostback said:
We have AIed 10 head to I80 this year. One is a Monopoly 2nd calver. Ill let you know if you remind me this spring. The others cows are Meyer 734s, some Maines and some PB Simmis. We wanted some Maine influenced replacements and after ultrsounding for sex we have 9 bulls for sure and one heifer (maybe) go figure....
I will definitely remind you this spring. What did you breed to your Monopoly the first time around?

frostback

On one of mine I used Full Form, a Throttle son, very nice calf. We sold the pair early summer so not sure how she turned out but was looking good when she left. The other 2 my were my husbands and he used a old PB Angus bull T510. They all calved unassisted and milked well. The angus calves were small and lively but stayed behind the other calves, he will not use them again. I am thinking of Grandmaster on some of my clubby 1st timers this year.

ZZCATLE

CMB said:
I'd look at the Angus bull Rodman. He is proven calving ease. He keeps them stout, has a great style and super fronted. I-80 would be my choice if I hadn't seen 100# calves out of him. I would go proven calving ease first time around.

http://www.cattlevisions.com/Angus/JsarMrHotRod.php
Would agree we had three Rodman steers born out of Heatwve 1st calf heifers sold all three for 1500. Calves grew really well on three heifers that milked like most Heatwaves. ]

mainecattlemother

If you can semen from Angus bull BC Lookout. I think that would be awesome but he is hard to get a hold of.  Genex had him not to long ago so you could check with them.  A couple simmental options that could give some style would be Dream Catcher, Ebonys Grand Master, or K-Lers Make It Rain.

Mueller Show Cattle

CAB said:
Unless you have some NI in your tank you may want to use a NI son. I like what Freddy's NI son, Northern Gun has been putting on the ground. NI has brought as much as $155.00 a week ago. to $105 on Top Sires sale this week.

Wow, Did not know he went that high already, I knew he would go up but not that high. I bought a cane (10 straws) of Northern Improvement from Top Sires in January at the NWSS for $30 a straw and then he went to $50 a straw like 2 months later and now over a $100 a straw? I have 9 straws left, I bred a heifer to him this spring and she stuck on the 1st straw. Makes me wonder if I should use the other 9 straws or sell them and use something else with that price (might even go higher over time), don't know but makes me happy I got it for $30 a straw and have 9 straws left.