opinions on Predator and Score Board

Help Support Steer Planet:

worthabit

I am looking for input on these two bulls such as how they are calving, quality of calves, type of cow to breed them to etc. I am looking for a clean bull who will produce steers and heifers when bred to angus/simmental cows.  Thanks

Freerider

I plan on using scoreboard a bunch this spring on some mature cows, wouldn't think about using him on heifers yet.

I talk to Chad Holtkamp about using Predator on heifers, and he said that although he does use him on heifers himself, he's a little hesitant on calling him heifer safe because of the amount of bone the calves can have.  We have a heifer bred to him, but she's not due until march so I can't give any results yet.

cdncowboy

Scoreboard - wouldn't think of using on heifers, cows should be just fine - the Open Bars tend to have a little more birthweight, still calve easy though.  I own an Open Bar son from Ohlrichs as does a friend, after the first calf crop we both feel that their strength will be the females.  For us up here in Canada the steers will be alright, their just a little softer made - if you've got any TH carriers he will great choice.  Stands Alone - same thoughts.

bcosu

Heard the predator calves was one of the more impressive sire groups this year.