Opinions on Shorthorn Plus Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Critter Co. Livestock

Please let me know what you think of my recently purchased shorthorn plus heifer.

Attachments

• P9071640.JPG
    P9071640.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
  • Coal 1.jpg
    Coal 1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Coal- behind.jpg
    Coal- behind.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 136

Critter Co. Livestock

She is still at the breeders been on creep for about a month but she hasn't been weaned yet. We will be getting her at the end of October. When she gets that head up that brisket cleans up quite a bit. she does seem maybe a lil coarse in that shoulder but hoping she grows into that! Thanks for your input!

Critter Co. Livestock

Anyone have any good rations for feeding heifers. Was considering using AAOK ration and supplementing Honor Pre conditionh/ Recieving chow? Let me know your thought or if you have a ration that works well for keeping heifers looking fresh for the ring without heavy fat deposition.

Davis Shorthorns

mark tenenbaum said:
Give her some groceries and shell look pretty good. Has some brisquit- front like she was fed hard early,really like her from behind O0

I agree, put some good feed into her and work that hair.  Like the thickness to her.  Are you showing her as a breeding heifer or Market heifer?

Critter Co. Livestock

Planned on showing her as breeding heifer in the Shorthorn Plus Division. Not much involvement in and around WI in the shorthorn plus industry. What are your thoughts on that?