Opinions on the Wii

Help Support Steer Planet:

fluffer

We got one for christmas along with the Wii fit and my husband and I love it!  My 2 year old love to watch us play it too.  I just use the wii fit, I don't use the other games much.  It gives you one heak of a work out too!  I am a pretty physically fit person and I have been sore somewhere on my body since we got it.  It is worth the money.  Amazon had them on sale a few weeks back.  Not sure not

Fluffer

ploughshare

We have had once since Christmas.  Here is my +/- list.

Pluses
+  Good games, Mario kart and super Mario galaxy, wii sports (included) are the best we have found so far.  My 6 year old likes the Kung Fu Panda game.
+  easy for little kids to play
+  active play
+ can play older gamecube games, but you will need to buy gamecube controllers to play them
+ reminders to take a break
+ novel games, wii fit has ski jumping!  Wii Play has cow racing.
+ small size

Minuses
- expensive
- you will need a lot of accessories such as extra controllers, charging station or rechargable batteries etc.
- limited games - some games really don't fit the play format
- games can be expensive

All in all, it is the only gaming system I would let into my house other than pc games.

rtmcc

I was against the idea of any video games in the house.  But Santa won out at Christmas time.  i must admit, its great fun.  It will make you sweat and with this long winter it has been fun for the whole family to burn off some energy.

jason

I was amazed how well the motion controller works.

Glenstory said:
We have had once since Christmas.  Here is my +/- list.

Pluses
+  Good games, Mario kart and super Mario galaxy, wii sports (included) are the best we have found so far.  My 6 year old likes the Kung Fu Panda game.
+  easy for little kids to play
+  active play
+ can play older gamecube games, but you will need to buy gamecube controllers to play them
+ reminders to take a break
+ novel games, wii fit has ski jumping!  Wii Play has cow racing.
+ small size

Minuses
- expensive
- you will need a lot of accessories such as extra controllers, charging station or rechargable batteries etc.
- limited games - some games really don't fit the play format
- games can be expensive

All in all, it is the only gaming system I would let into my house other than pc games.

ELBEE

Wonder if the Wii boys are develop'in a program for chainsaw'in firewood or break'in colts? It'd come in mighty handy around here on those days when it's below10%, my hands sure get cold. And I just spent several hundred on a differant saddle and new chainsaw! (BOP) Could'a had a Wii!

<cowboy>

Camo

Try ebay you can get a package deal ! A lot of the times I pay less than the stores. Love that EBAY

Rocky Hill Simmental

I never got to play a Wii. My uncle and his family have one and they seem to really enjoy it. They actually stood in line for 24 hours to get one the first day they came out (so they better like it!). They let some of the relatives play it before and they seemed to like it, even the ones that don't like video games and stuff.

I only have a playstation but it doesn't work right anymore. Then the cord that connects with the TV went missing (I think somebody "loaned" it to their friend). I tried to go to the video game stores at the mall to buy a new one a couple of months ago but they said they don't sell them anymore. They said they could get me a used playstation 2 for about $125-- That's a lot! They also had playstation 3's for $300. When I bought my used playstation 1 10 years ago it only costed $50. I wish they still made those so I could play my video games again.

Sorry, I get offtopic sometimes.  (clapping)

kimbaljd

Camo said:
Try ebay you can get a package deal ! A lot of the times I pay less than the stores. Love that EBAY

As I am sure everybody knows... be cautious of sellers on EBay.