Opinions on this bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

kyfarmgirl10

Just wanted to hear some good honest opinions on this bull we raised him and he did fairly well in the show ring but wanted to get the opinions of other breeders who may have a different view.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    648.4 KB · Views: 186

Aussie

Very nice bull how is he bred. Nice thickness though out and well muscled back end without being to strong in the shoulder and short in the neck.  (thumbsup)

kyfarmgirl10

Thanks for the comments guys were pleased with the calves we've gotten so far good low birth weights and level top lines . As for his breeding this may come as a shock but he's a Gelbvieh bull and his breeding is Extra 2106K on the top and on the dam's side he goes back to a Boo Boo bull. I'd still love to hear some more opinions on him  ;D

CAB

I'd be proud to turn him out with my cows. He looks very good. Have any pictures of calves out of him?

knabe

i like your bulls profile.  some minor things i would like to change are a little more muscle shape and extension down his rib, a little higher coming out of his shoulder to his poll and a little deeper made and a tick wider based and a tick longer.  is he scurred?  nice and tightly sheathed for a continental.

kyfarmgirl10

Thanks for the comments guys were hoping to get his calves out on the show circuit next year and try and promote him we think he could help the gelbvieh breed improve in some ways . Were also thinking about maybe promoting him as a slick steer sire? since his calves wont really produce hair thanks to his Gelbvieh genetics haha. And in regards to his horn status he is Polled just has some major fuzzy face in this picture.. will post pictures of his first calf crop later :)

jallen

Needs to be a little cleaner fronted and a little bit deeper. Do have any pictures of him clean and clipped.

kyfarmgirl10

Heres a picture of him at state fair when he was slick and a picture of when he was just a yr old at his first show

Attachments

• momiphone 204.JPG
    momiphone 204.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 161
  • momiphone 077.JPG
    momiphone 077.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 144

katie_k

i really like his shape and look.  very sylish and almost modern looking.  i would run him with my herd(if i had one)

fed_champions

Shorthorn Girl said:
i really like his shape and look.  very sylish and almost modern looking.  i would run him with my herd(if i had one)

Not to be rude, but with all the questions u have asked about cattle, why would u be giving opinions on them. How can u tell how much muscle shape he has from the profile? This is a real question that has an answer.

kyfarmgirl10

This is kindof really delayed but wanted to post pictures of this bulls first calf crop we have. Theres only 2 bulls and a heifer that we have out of him since he is our clean up bull and we've had excellent conception rate with AI. The red bull was born on 9/29/10 and is out of the heifer thats in my profile picture, The black bull was born 11/3/10 were really excited about him he seems to think he's something special haha.... and the black heifer is a may she's a good kind of heifer... and of course all of these are purebred gelbvieh we really wanna try and promote him as a slick steer sire

Attachments

• 2010 fall 425.JPG
    2010 fall 425.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 2010 fall 426.JPG
    2010 fall 426.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 2010 fall 428.JPG
    2010 fall 428.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 2010 fall 011.JPG
    2010 fall 011.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 144

Dyer Show cattle

Looking at the bull and calves looks like you should save some cash on AI this year and let him take care of a few more cows. Gelbviehs might not be the number 1 choice for showing but I would take a feedlot full of calves like those and I don't think I could go wrong.

showsteerdlux

fed_champions said:
Shorthorn Girl said:

Not to be rude, but with all the questions u have asked about cattle, why would u be giving opinions on them. How can u tell how much muscle shape he has from the profile? This is a real question that has an answer.
To keep with the same thing, her buddy who asks just as many questions made some similar comments. I agree with you it is kind of funny.

kfacres

showsteernc said:
fed_champions said:
Shorthorn Girl said:

To keep with the same thing, her buddy who asks just as many questions made some similar comments. I agree with you it is kind of funny.

I'm not sure if I'm the first one to use it or not.. but here goes...  <deadhorse> <deadhorse>

double trouble, we are asking to be in