Opinions on This Calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

[cowgirl_up_47

Here is our first 2010 bull calf. He is 2 1/2 months old now and has been a bottle baby since day one.

Have I been a good mom so far? Any thoughts/opinions?

Attachments

• Kryptonite2.jpg
    Kryptonite2.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 178

russfarm

Nice calf, but his coloring as far as where his white is, throws you off a little when looking at him.  Don't think I've ever seen one with white up on top like that???

HT

I think hes a great calf! Bottle babies can be tricky, but it looks like you are doing a good job with him! Hes nice

vc

He is one of the stouter Pinz that I have seen posted, looks like you are doing a good job with him. Most do not have that much rear quarter.

kccowman

What's your bottle feeding program. Mine never do that good. It looks like a cow raised baby. Nice job!

RSC

kccowman said:
What's your bottle feeding program. Mine never do that good. It looks like a cow raised baby. Nice job!
If you do a search on bottle feeding, there are some very good threads.  I followed the instruction on one and had great luck. 

Tony

[cowgirl_up_47

kccowman said:

Thanks

He is on 3 (2 quart) bottles a day; 8am, 2pm, 8pm. We are using Land O' Lakes Amplifier Max NT milk replacer. It is 22% protein and 20% fat. He is just now started on hay and grain.