Opinions on this steer? Photo?

Help Support Steer Planet:

OKshorthorn

Was hoping to get some opinions on this steer. He is a purebred shorthorn, sired by our JPJ son and out of WHR Cumberland 6N18.

We are thinking about consigning him in a sale coming up and would also like your opinion on which photo to use for the catalog? Or none of them and try again!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 258
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 251

OH Breeder

The last picture respresents a market prospect the best. The first photo makes him look a little flat rear.
By looking only at the last photo, like the head shape and I have found it usually is a good indicator of gain. Get some weight on him will make huge difference. Natural fit has been a super supplement for us. gives them that little bit of bulk. What level of show do you see him in? County etc?

OKshorthorn

Appreciate the feedback.

I should have added, DOB 9/10/14, weighed 540 on 2/4/15.

There is a Futurity sale at the Oklahoma Youth Expo, it's a pretty neat deal, we pay $40 that goes to the buyer/exhibitor at the Futurity show back the following year, 10% of the final price goes to the sale as well. Only calves sold in the Futurity sale are eligible, much like other Futurity sales around the country. It's not a big money deal, reasonable prices for kids. We would be happy if he went for 2k, with current cattle prices, I think that is a fair price for him.

OH Breeder

Good luck with your calf. our Jazz steers have been pretty consistent size and weight. Finished nice.