Opinions on what to breed to her?

Help Support Steer Planet:

gilbert07

This year is the first time we started using club calve bulls with charolais and i was wondering if someone could help me choose one that would work with her...not really sure about all the club calve bulls and what they do...we order some tiger woods a couple weeks ago and might use him but if anyone else thinks something else would work on her please help me out..as you can tell from the picture she is pretty smooth through the front and deep gutted, she could use some more thckness...we used sunseeker on her last year and it did good, but i would like to use something else...so if anyone knows something that will work well please let me know...thanks

Attachments

• 100_0834.jpg
    100_0834.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 141

kane1598

Lifeline is a great suggestion, he works great on char and char X females. I think friction, hanibal, carnac, or heatwave would also be good crosses on this female. Yellow Jacket or Glodmine (Habegars) might also be good if you want to stick more on the char side of things.

showman ne

carnac or monopoly. ree heights could be cool if u feel like trying something new. if u wanted to go a little old school you could give Mojo a try. He is a double carrier just so you know, it doesn't bother me any but it does some.

vet tech

Lifeline sounds good to me as well. But you could go many directions with a cow like her. I just bred my pb char heifer to Jakes Proud Jazz (shorthorn) the other day. I like the monopoly idea but I also think that Who made Who and Jonny walker red would be neat!

TMJ Show Cattle

Fiction,Carnac,Lifeline, HairyBear,Alias, Tinman. The Jake's proud Jazz is very exciting,as when in Wyoming last year I saw two that had been bred that way. They were beautiful roan-like?mostly white. I asked the guy to price them and he laughed. He was keeping them for cows,for the Shorthorn plus deal and to raise composite Charleys.He told me I probably wouldn't have enough money in my wallet,and he was right about that!! he said that the upper 5 figure number might get 1 bought.But, his daughters and wife said NO WAY JOSE'.

gilbert07

Yea we wanted to try hairy bear but the semen guy said he was all out at the time and then we thought about johnny walker red too...my dad says that he really wants to use johnny walker red so maybe she wil be the one we can useon him

STX108

BK Power Plus

Attachments

• 1pic368.jpg
    1pic368.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 548

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Saw a neat Eye Candy the other day out of Char cow, that SHORTHORN deal on Char's will get hot I think . Very good looking heifer , how is she bred, you could breed her back to Charolais an not hurt yourself to much either. A new bull we are fond of an are breeding Angus an Charolais cow's , is the Muddy Water  bull that some of the  SP people saw in Iowa .  I'm not a big Lifeline fan, but this cow could make him work with all her depth. Sometime I'm going to try Tycoon on a good cow like this,an I'm sure there are other untryed bull's that will work on the Char's, have some Monopoly's coming  next year ...What''s the story on the Power Plus  bull, he look's very good........

gilbert07

we havent bred her yet...we put a cidr in her tonite and our buddy said that his cows were coming into hear 36 hours after he had taken them out, so she should be in heat next weekend...im not really sure if i want to use tiger woods but thats what it will probably be...mayb someone can change my dads mind if so do it quickly lol

s-cattle

If you want to stay char lookin check out Steel Smokin at steelsmokinbull.com think you will like him and his calves in the pics are out of angus cows

gilbert07

i really like the bull vanilla ice...but havent seen any calves out of him..would he work good on something like her?

BCCC

Freddy said:
What''s the story on the Power Plus  bull, he look's very good..
He is a 2001 model, out of Legacy Plus, and a Draft Pick cow (GREAT MATERNAL BLOODLINES), He's 15/16's maine(or close to that). I have some great cows out of Irish Whiskey on Power Plus cow. They arent freaky fronted by any means, and they don't have the best hair either(its real long just not super thick). I also have a couple that are border line post legged, however they all have great udders, and are very deep bodied, with lots of rib.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
We had a couple very nice Vanila Ice heifers last year , didn't get any males ,but one female out of Charolais cow is  showing this year an owner is very happy with her for a brood cow prospect. DUSTY -RSC AN FARWEST  all saw her last fall . Wasn't sure if the males would be powerful enough , but liked the females an need to use him again.

clubcalve

Same hear I have really liked the females out of him and have not seen many steers

A.P.

I would use ali or a clone if its a heifer. I really like the tiger woods bull as well.

gilbert07

this will be her third calf...we have 3 straws of tiger woods so we will probably just breed her to him...i think he will work good on her