Opinions on what to breed to

Help Support Steer Planet:

john91

This is a simm-angus that is one of our best producing cows. No club calf genetics behind her. Would like opinions on what to breed her to. We would like to down size a tick and add more hair. She is really stout and powerful, square hipped, probably needs a smoother shoulder. Her previous calves have been by Payback, Playboy, Paddy O'Malley, Hannibal, Amazon, and Kadabra. Last year she was bred to Irish Whiskey, but didn't stick and her calf is by a Meyer 734 son. We would like to use more maternal bulls that are Clubbie or Maine. I was thinking Amen, Eye Candy, Smokin Joe, Gigolo Joe, Preditor and Premium Blend. Welcome to all opinions!

Attachments

• P1000157.JPG
    P1000157.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 172

Till-Hill

Breeding a cow  this week that is a tick bigger and narrower but other than that is a spitting image of your cow to EYE CANDY. She has a pretty good choreboy hfr this year but just not enough guts and need to downsize her also.

gary89

If you wanted a steer I would recommend Walks on Water, of the bulls you listed I would try Predator, there are alot of nice ones pictured on Holtkamps blog. Good luck! What is the breeding on the simmi cow?