Opinions our steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Critter Co. Livestock

This is a June 2nd Uno  Mas Simmental steer out of our Foundation Mo Better female. Thoughts?

First Pic: Weaned 2 days in the picture no creep.

Second Pic: A half brother sold last year, shorthorn plus out of Ace of Diamonds

Attachments

• Storms Bro.jpg
    Storms Bro.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Storm.jpg
    Storm.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 224

Critter Co. Livestock

Updated pics of this steer calf from 5/16/15. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Uno Mas Simmental 2014.jpg
    Uno Mas Simmental 2014.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 2014 Simm behind.jpg
    2014 Simm behind.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 173

mark tenenbaum

Coming on-looks to have alot of grow like the Shorthorn cross-Maybe more muscle expression;and better profile-the Shorthorn x looks deeper ribbed-and possibly the bigger of the 2 Overall,he looks to have come a good ways once you got him going on feedO0 O0

OH Breeder

I don't know when your final show is, but rinse rinse rinse and brush. That will help his overrall appearence. He is a great profiling steer. Baldy's always catching eye. I think he is more moderate than black and white calf. When is your final show?

Critter Co. Livestock

Thanks for the input. I sold the calf to a local 4H'er but had told her she needs to be getting him rinsed twice a day and work that hair with the rice root brush, and get him under fans. Thank goodness the weather has been relatively cool yet in WI. I just took these pics after they asked me to come out and look at him and I clipped him up a bit. The county fair he will be shown at is in mid-late August.