Opinions please

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jace

I know that this is a site for cattle, btu was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how my pig looks ;) Thanks!

PigPics002.jpg

PigPics006.jpg

Thank you!
Jace

Jace

He is 170 as of this morning, my show is September 16th. He is going onto 2 lbs feed,2 lbs Powerfill, 1 lb Champion Drive, and 1 lb of beet pulp a day. So I am hoping he weighs in between 260-280 at the show.

box6rranch

I think he looks really nice so far. He's smooth across the top, looks like he moves well. Big shouldered and lean. The only think I would say is maybe I'd like to see a bigger butt but I think you are on your way to having a nice competitive show pig. Good luck.

Jace

Thank you! He is really moving well for having two cracked hooves and two bruised pads in my opinion. The cement jsut obliterates their hooves, and being that he has been on dirt his whole lfie, he sure did not like the cement. So we are getting that taken care of, and he will be off cement for good tomorrow. Any more comments?

HT

Maybe a little thicker through his hams, but overall a pretty nice barrow. hes pretty powerful looking, free moving, and has a pretty nice hour glass shape that you want!! Good luck with him!

Jace

Thank you! I still have to put 100 more lbs onto him, so hopefully he will really turn it on. He is only allowed to gain 1.5 lbs/day though, so he will be limit feeding. Thanks for all the comments! Any more? I like to hear what people think so I can know what to brace myself for at the show. Thanks!

Jace

Thanks! My county fair is pretty tough, we have around 300 hogs exhibited every year and numerous amounts of lambs,dairy cattle, and steers. I am hoping to get him looking really good by September. Thanks for the respones. Any others?