Both steer calves were born in April.  Back view of steer 1

Attachments

• 082.JPG
    082.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 138

joey219

first one is an eyes on the money and the second one is a golden child

lewscrew

hard to tell by the pictures but the first one looks a little narrow and the second one to straight in the back ;D

joey219

nobody has anything to say good or bad I am thinking about keeping these for state fair steer wisconsin maybe county fair

knabe

Ok i'll bite.  both steers look decent.  the first one looks like like two steers front and back.  to offset this, i would pay special attention to the topline, and when practicing showing, find the exact placement of feet that makes him look decent and get his top and loined down, learn to have someone be the judge, view the area, and learn to comprimise on the feet and get him up before judge looks at you.

2nd steer i can't tell too much because the pic is bad, but he looks thick too.  they both look like decent heads without too much of a chi nose with a muzzle and growth curve a mile long.

both pics are tough cause you can't see feet.  would like to see both with a little more spread behind.

farmboy

get both of them out in the light and with feet visible and i'll tell you. i can really only tell you they have big butts right now.

OH Breeder

First calf looks kind of peicey the way you have him positioned. Better light and stance would improve my opinion. Hard to tell. Good hair but that white line down road may be more of a hinderance because it can accentuate the wrong attributes. Ain't much you can do about it but make sure its long. Lots of steers loose hair as they get older and right behind the shoulder seems to be the hard hair to grow and keep.
THe second calf, i think its the way he is standing, looks straight up front. SHoulder is tilted a bit over the knee. Like everyone else has said is they have great butts but that is about all we can tell from the angles and th e shadow's.