Opinions Please!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

SKF

Here is a heifer we have raised out of our herd. We can't decide to keep her or sell her please let me know what you think of her. She is out of a Power plus son and a Hostage daughter. She is six months old and weighs 540.

Attachments

• 100_2091a.JPG
    100_2091a.JPG
    404.1 KB · Views: 492
  • 100_2107a.JPG
    100_2107a.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 481
  • 100_2097a.JPG
    100_2097a.JPG
    385.5 KB · Views: 463

Colorado2009

I really like her. She has a little extra leather but that can be fixed with a little sweating. And she might be a tad pinched in the heart. I really, really like her though.  ;D

OH Breeder

I questioned my self this past fall when making culling decisions. This is the question you should ask yourself Is she  better than what you have now or would she improve your herd. I have not seen your herd so I can not judge that.
From my first impression, she is really feminine catches your eye.

CPL

I think she's a good looking heifer. She could be deeper in her heart girth, but I don't think that  hurts her too bad. I love the white that your cattle seem to have. They're really flashy. Good luck with whatever you do with her!

minimoo38

she does look very flashy with that coloring. i would shave the hair fluff off of her poll.  O0 with it on there it makes her head seem a lot higher than it actually is.

Colorado2009 said:
I really like her. She has a little extra leather but that can be fixed with a little sweating. And she might be a tad pinched in the heart. I really, really like her though.  ;D
the neck sweat would definitely help her.

there's just something awkward about her neck and head that i just can't put my finger on, but, oh well. :-\

SKF

minimoo38 said:
she does look very flashy with that coloring. i would shave the hair fluff off of her poll.  O0 with it on there it makes her head seem a lot higher than it actually is.

Colorado2009 said:
the neck sweat would definitely help her.

there's just something awkward about her neck and head that i just can't put my finger on, but, oh well. :-\

Thats what I was kinda of thinking. Maybe a better clip job will make it look better. Just been trying to decide if she is worth keeping for a show heifer. I think she looks better the bigger she gets. I just hate putting all that time and feed and then they don't turn out. I just wish I had crystal ball that I could look into to see how they would turn out!! ;D

xkrushx

She is a pretty nice heifer but she is a little coarse shouldered and break behind her shoulder slightly. Again, she is a little punched in her heart and the leather on her neck could come off with a sweat. She is one of those heifers that probably wont win many shows but is one that will be easy to slide into someone's herd.