Opinions Please

Help Support Steer Planet:

stumpy

Let me know what you think. We will have calves this spring and he was pictured this spring. Those who have been here have liked him and we will promote him as a Jr. Herd sire this spring so folks will know what he is. Oddly enough for a Shorthorn herd we are hoping for bull calves. This is a Steer Planet exclusive unveiling!

Attachments

• Bull web.jpg
    Bull web.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 324

stumpy

Hey now opinions first then pedigree.  ;D   It's fun to get opinions on their own merit first! Call Loving Aaron, He'll know this guy.

stumpy

Also thanks for the comments. To throw the bait he had heavy service on our Gus daughters and our Lauer females.

aandtcattle

I really like the moderate, chubby, easy fleshing appearance of this dude.  The lower ass he has is awesome too.  Those should be some cool calves coming out of those females.

CAB

Great looking bull Jeff!! Do you think we could sample him on virgin heifers or better wait nd see?

stumpy

CAB said:
Great looking bull Jeff!! Do you think we could sample him on virgin heifers or better wait nd see?

I tried him on a couple and bred most of last years first calvers to him. By Febuary and March we will know a lot more. He should calve very easy.

ruhtram

Nice looking bull! Can't wait to hear about his calves in a month or so

MCC

That is a really nice bull. You should be proud. Wouldn't mind if you left the gate open and headed him to Colo.  (clapping)

sue

Is this Medicine rock ... or are those calves already on the ground?

hamburgman

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITH OUT A PEDIGREE!!!!.  (clapping) (lol) (lol)

But I like him, truly do.

Will

He looks very good to me, I will patently await his pedigree.

stumpy

Here us an update on FCC STMP Patriot 8X. In the photo he is on grass as a 3 year old and we have bred his first set of daughters. His calving ease and birth weights have been outstanding and we are breeding almost all of the unrelated yearling heifers to him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 186
J

JTM

Very nice bull Stumpy. It would be very interesting to see some calf pictures. I really like the pedigree and the performance too. How are the calves doing on weaning weights and yearling weights? Same as JPJ?