opinions please

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dvrom

This is a heifer that i am planning on showing at our fair. She hasnt been shed out yet but we are starting to do that. Just wondering what everyone thinks of her. Good and bad comments please <cowboy>

Attachments

• 637_close.JPG
    637_close.JPG
    534.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 637_far.JPG
    637_far.JPG
    311.6 KB · Views: 202

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

I like her , but its hard to get excited about a calf standing in a river of you know what. It looks like shes been eating well , lots of good weight on her. Her front end is starting to carry some of that weight , you can see it from her neck down to her brisket. Being a little picky she looks a bit straight shouldered and I would like to see her a bit more level in her underline. Overall nice calf and should make a productive female in the future.

Dvrom

yeah the pens got a little sloppy after about an inch of rain haha

ruhtram

A really nice heifer you have!! She seems to have some good thickness and shape. What is the breeding on her?

Dvrom

Cruiser said:
A really nice heifer you have!! She seems to have some good thickness and shape. What is the breeding on her?
She is A Walks On Water out of a Meyer son cow.

dfm

It's pretty obvious if you enlarge the photo and look at her hooves she cannot be a "Walk's On Water" she seems to be sinking in the mud a little to me!  Possibly I'm just a little jealous of the rain...she looks nice.

Cattle Cards

Once you get her clipped up, I think she'll have a nice head and neck.  If she's a little heavy fronted put a neck sweat on her.  She looks fleshy and has a nice topline.  Just can't tell how she moves.  Agree with the comment on her shoulder but again with clipping and fitting you can minimize that.  I don't know I agree with the underline comment.  She seems pretty soggy to me.  What does she look like from behind?  Lot of spring to her rib?  Anyway, these are just opinions, but it's a county show and she's a nice enough heifer for your project and hopefully as a replacement female for you in the future.  Best of luck.
<cowboy>

Dvrom

Cattle Cards said:
Once you get her clipped up, I think she'll have a nice head and neck.  If she's a little heavy fronted put a neck sweat on her.  She looks fleshy and has a nice topline.  Just can't tell how she moves.  Agree with the comment on her shoulder but again with clipping and fitting you can minimize that.  I don't know I agree with the underline comment.  She seems pretty soggy to me.  What does she look like from behind?  Lot of spring to her rib?  Anyway, these are just opinions, but it's a county show and she's a nice enough heifer for your project and hopefully as a replacement female for you in the future.  Best of luck.
<cowboy>
She has good spring to her rib from behind and wide topped.

Telos

She looks nice. The sea of mud does not bother me. I commend you for going out and taking a picture. When it comes time, make sure and breed her to a calving ease bull.

Dvrom

dsmith16 said:
I like her alot, she seems like a good clubby looking heifer. Do you have any idea what you are going to breed her to?
she is being synched right now along with the other 3 heifers and i am going to breed them all to I-80