Opinions

Help Support Steer Planet:

harrisonshowgurl

What do you think of this calf? Anything that you could/would change?
He weighed 536 on 12/13

Thanks

Attachments

• 4288.jpg
    4288.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 943

wrc

Thats a really nice calf.  I'de be proud to raise on just like him.  Feed him right and you should do great.

rtmcc

I'm not crazy about wild color but he is pretty cool no matter what color he is painted!!  Looks big ended and deep enough and sound as far as you can tell in the picture.  Is his front end as nice as it looks like it might be when he has his neck set in a nice side profile?

Good luck!

Chap34

Nice animal!!!!  Looks thick, deep, square and clean from the picture.  Just wondering sire and who raised animal if you didn't mind sharing that info.  Thanks  Best of Luck!    P.S.  I wish he was for sale

harrisonshowgurl

Thanks for the comments! This pic does make him a little nicer fronted but he is still clean fronted. He came out of Missouri, but I would have to look at the sale catalog to see for sure who raised him. I have been debating on wether or not to sell him because he is one of the smallest steers at shows right now, but then again I want to keep him, does anyone know of supplements that can make him gain weight faster?

Chap34

PM me if you are interested in selling him.  He would really work for our shows.  Thanks

harrisonshowgurl

He was bought out of a sale from MO, the guy lived in northern MO. I personally do not know what his name was.

furinsilex

thats the steer then that was an amazingly little booger when he was young..... hope he grows for ya and stays sound on them rear legs that was my only worries with that calf... i was around him some last summer

harrisonshowgurl

I seen that, but he is doing really good on them! When I showed him, the only thing the judge said was he needed to be a little bigger. Everyone that has seen him has loved him and never said a bad thing about his legs.

TMJ Show Cattle

This calf looks good...if I were to lightly critisize him,it would appear he has a small cannon bone,which typically means he won't get very big.He will probably finish out in the 1160 to 1220 range.Someone has to win those lightweight classes though. Just a little tougher to make the sale in most places. Good lookin rascal,have fun showing him.