opinions

Help Support Steer Planet:

Hyper Intake

Here I think i got them all resized!

The first is an Eye Candy heifer and cant decide whether to show her as market or breeding.

The second is an Eye Candy heifer and she is going to be shown as breeding heifer.

The third is an Irish Whiskey x Manchild steer.

Let me know what you think!
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5742.JPG
    IMG_5742.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_5744.JPG
    IMG_5744.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_5746.JPG
    IMG_5746.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 546

OH Breeder

All three calves have the basic structure they look like they might need some filling out. The first heifer is super correct and nice up headed female. i think you could show her either way. The second heifer looks more cow than show heifer. Some clipping won't know either of them. I like before and after pictures they are great.
Steer- get him eating is what I would say. He looks young and maybe tick green. Good hair and has adequate bone. LIke his color he will make a flashy fat. Be nice to see how they all three progress. thanks for taking time to share.

vc

I'll bite, here you go:
The first heifer is OK she has all the right parts just at this point really doesn't jump out at you. She looks like she has some muscling but  is a little lite for me, I would like to see her in about 3 to 4 months, I think she may grow out to look pretty fancy . She does have a little bit of cockiness to her and I like that for a show heifer. She looks younger that the second heifer.
The second heifer looks like a good solid replacement heifer to me, she is not fancy, is well balanced and looks like she would make a fine cow  just does not really look showy at this time. Do not get me wrong i like her as far as looking maternal, I would take 5 or 6 to make cows out of. (before any body says I hate it when people say that heifer will make a good cow but not really a good show heifer. There are alto of steers that will make a good steak but not a good show steer)
The steers has good bone and a frame to grow into, I think he will make a good fat steer, but at this point he may be a little to coarse to make a jackpot steer. I am a little concerned with his rear pasterns he appears to be up on them, it may just be that he is not on flat ground.

for my disclaimer, I do not know where you show or the competition that you may face, so these calves could be very competitive in your local area. As OH breeder said after a good clip job the may look completely different and I could be all wrong.