opinions?

Help Support Steer Planet:

xkrushx

I am just wonderin your thoughts on this calf and price he should be at?

sorry the pics are terrible but our camera was foggin up and put small circles in the pic, i will try and get better ones sometime soon when it warms a little.

he is for sale, if interested, message me.

Attachments

• sunseek side.JPG
    sunseek side.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 481
  • sunseek showside.JPG
    sunseek showside.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 485

OH Breeder

Xbrush,
I think it is hard to price cattle from pictures. No offense. It is very subjective as well. The market tends to vary by area in the country. Most good steers in our area go for 2000 to 3500 if you have a name then it can be higher. He looks good in pictures but seeing him move etc helps and some better angles. JMO

char

he does look good....what is his breeding???also i would like to see him on the move...he looks like he has good bone and lots of hair...would be great if you had pics of him outside natural or on the halter set up.

char

Jill

He is pretty from the side, but the top and butt is what in my opinion prices the calf.

CAB

Unless you have a connection for the southern trade, he's probably a 1500 to  2500 dollar steer. He would have been worth more 2 months ago in the midwest - northern trade. Is he a sunseeker? What was the dam? Most of the weigh ins are this weekend in Ia.

xkrushx

He is a mid- april sunseeker x meyer. I will try and get a top and a butt shot. He walks great, and is a must see in person. Can I post videos on here?? if so, how or where?

xkrushx

here are some pics from outside.. as requested along with a butt shot...

Attachments

• sunseek outside 1.jpg
    sunseek outside 1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 447
  • sunseek outside.JPG
    sunseek outside.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 443
  • sunseek outside 3.jpg
    sunseek outside 3.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 417

AAOK

Looks like he would make a good Tulsa Steer for next October.  I think you could get in the $2500 - $3500 range.  There are still plenty of folks in Oklahoma looking for a steer like that. 

showsteerdlux

He's a nice calf and looks really good throughout. I like how clean he looks in the front end. How much is he weighing?

showsteerdlux

Well he would probably be to early a calf for where I am as we show in the fall but he should make an awesome early summer or a late  spring steer if he was pushed a little.

xkrushx

every steer has a point where they are on time or 12:00 and look their best.. we are pretty confident this guy is gonna be 12:00 late august and through sept. and into early oct.... any later and he will probably be gettin staler but it all depends on how he feeds through the spring and summer... thanks for the comments all and Have a Merry Christmas