oppinions please..

Help Support Steer Planet:

TimiyaAlexa

good or bad i want to hear your thoughts on this heifer. its a horrible picture and she obviously hasnt seen a set of clippers yet!

Attachments

• heifer.jpg
    heifer.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 272
J

JTM

She looks like she has a lot of volume and a nice sized hip. She seems pretty level hipped and structurally correct. Not a big fan of her head size but I think you have a pretty nice heifer there!

TimiyaAlexa

Heres an updated picture. Just a few weeks of her being on a show feed and some serious time spent with her. What does everyone think?

Attachments

• brin.jpg
    brin.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 248

simba

I like her. She's flashy, feminine and well balanced. I'm a little concerned about her legs though, her fronts toe out and there's something I don't like about her back legs but I can't put my finger on it. Good luck with her, she should do well for you!

Mainevent

Super female prospect! I like her, a little different pedigree but I like her maybe would like to see her a little deeper middled but it will come. Great on her feet and legs, maybe a little weaker Pastern but rather be a little weaker than straight!

TimiyaAlexa

Larissa said:
I like her. She's flashy, feminine and well balanced. I'm a little concerned about her legs though, her fronts toe out and there's something I don't like about her back legs but I can't put my finger on it. Good luck with her, she should do well for you!
I think its just the way shes standing on her front legs i didnt move her feet around just took the picture how she was standing.

C

cornish

Larissa said:

she has way more slope to her pasterns-- than virtually any other calf that has been posted on this website for evaulation... which is a good thing.

TimiyaAlexa said:
Larissa said:
I think its just the way shes standing on her front legs i didnt move her feet around just took the picture how she was standing.

so would you rather argue with someone's comment-- or would you rather take a good picture so you don't have to defend an obvious fault.?

twistedhshowstock

I think she is a super cow prospect.  I dont think she is super flashy in her design, but I think she appears to be fairly powerful and broody, which I like in one.  I agree she could be a little deeper middled, but if she has only been on feed a few weeks then there is plenty of time for that to change.  I dont see anything with her front feet to concern me, she may toe out very very slightly, but I think people get hung up on "all four feet pointing straight ahead".  If you look at cattle enough you will notice that most cattle toe out a little on the front end, and I think its perfectly acceptable.  If you watch cattle whose front feet always go perfectly straight ahead, they eventually generally have issues in the front end.  As far as her pasterns, they may be a little soft, but I dont think that is a concern, I think people just arent used to seeing a soft pasterned cow in the show ring anymore.

mark tenenbaum

I think she has some good pieces-the picture made her head look bigger,and if she moves good shell stay that way. I dont normally push Shorthorns on people-but shed have a really cool calf out of the right roan bull,kinda like Indian Outlaw in color. O0

ChristaCheatham

I love seeing the difference from being on feed/hard work spent on show cattle! She looks great!  (clapping)