OT Utility vehicle

Help Support Steer Planet:

jnm

I'm shopping for a utility vehicle for farm use; I need $WD and would like diesel. What do you reccommend and why?  thanks

lightnin4

We've got a Kawasaki Teryx.  It's 4wd and got really good suspension (due to it being a "sport" model) but it's a gas engine.  I dont think you can go wrong with a Polaris Ranger.  Also really good suspension, and you can get it in a diesel.  Having used both, those are my picks.  The suspension is important to me because if you've ever bounced across a pasture in an old gator or mule you'll appreciate that.  Some of the new gators are similar to the Teryx, but I find the John Deere green paint to be a little more expensive (lol).

Bulldaddy

jnm said:
I'm shopping for a utility vehicle for farm use; I need $WD and would like diesel. What do you reccommend and why?  thanks
I would recommend the Kubota 900 RTV.  I have one of the first ones made.  I use mind to feed cows and put out hay.  I can pull a 16 ft trailer with a 1,400 bale of alfalfa on it with no problem.  It is not very fast if you want speed but it has lots of torque and has never been stuck.  It's a diesel and has four wheel drive.  It also has a tough suspension and smooth ride.