Other use for show supplies.

Help Support Steer Planet:

[email protected]

The other day I was working on the hot wire fence when I as stung by several wasp.  I guess I didn't know I was disturbing their nest above my head, but they took it that way.  The top of my head looked like my wife hit me on top of the head with a hammer.    After catching my breath  from running all over the field just trying to get back to the pickup and getting away from the nasty soldiers flying over my head while taking turns dive bombing the spot just above my crown in my hair.  I got in and cooled off and looked around for something to get even with the little stingers.  No insectacide with me today, but I did have a can of tail adhesive.  I took off back to where the nest was and commence to spray the tail adhesive downwind into the nest.  As the little soldiers took after me they flew through the fog of adhesive and shortly each fell to the ground with thier wings stuck together.  For everyone thinks they died a long hard death, You are wrong.  Their death was swift at the bottom of my foot.  My head is still sore after one week and I looked like I belonged to the cone head family for a week.

Anyways,  Tail adhesive works real good on slowing down wasp. (thumbsup)

knabe

hmmm, the more their little wings beat, the faster they don't.  there has to be some money in this idea along with the stinky fly traps where not enough of them get IN the trap at an early enough age.

Dusty

I once used black finisher and painted a guy's sunglasses black when he was sleeping with them on at a show....  It took him a couple seconds to figure out what happened when he woke up.  Relax they were $5 gas station sunglasses....

linnettejane

we have iron well water and i have blonde hair...well, i was inbetween highlights and my hair was starting to get an orange tint to it.....i broke out sullivan's stain buster shampoo and tried it on my hair....wow!  better than going to the salon....although i dont know if its safe for human use...i've been meaning to call sullivan's and ask them...it brightened and lightened my hair right up!  O0

duck213

we just got done with our fair and we have many uses for show supplies.
we had a show foam fight, which made the barn look like it had snowed and dont be the the first one to fall asleep in the barn!! ;)

shortyjock89

linnettejane said:
we have iron well water and i have blonde hair...well, i was inbetween highlights and my hair was starting to get an orange tint to it.....i broke out sullivan's stain buster shampoo and tried it on my hair....wow!  better than going to the salon....although i dont know if its safe for human use...i've been meaning to call sullivan's and ask them...it brightened and lightened my hair right up!   O0

I would say it's safe.....I don't know about your family, but my grandma was a white haired old lady by the time I was 7 or 8, and she always had blueing shampoo to get rid of the iron stains.  Matter of fact, we used a human blueing shampoo on a heifer a few years back that just had some white spots.  Just be sure not to let it sit in your hair too long, or you may have blonde/blue hair to worry about!

farmboy

duck213 said:
we had a show foam fight, which made the barn look like it had snowed and dont be the the first one to fall asleep in the barn!! ;)

show foam? thought it was shavin cream. BARBASOL $ .99 A CAN !  ;D

Kupfarm

I have used show foam in the past when I ran out of hair mousse. It did its' job.

I highly recommend using the white foam not the red on your head. 

Diamond

(lol) I have to say I had the same inspiration on using tail adhisive on our mower conditioner last year and again this year on our creep feeder, whats nice about it, and makes it work better then the poison, is that if the little buggers are flying after you ya can shoot them and they will fall to the ground. Just watch yourself, they get stuck but it takes a while for them to die. Heres another trick I used, if they have a decent size nest inside of a small hole, spray the hole, they will get stuck to the sides on the way out.  ;D

CJC

zach said:
duck213 said:

show foam? thought it was shavin cream. BARBASOL $ .99 A CAN !  ;D

Amazing add a little color and go from $.99 a can to $6.75 a can. I'll use the $.99 one all day long.

KCK

I have used Hocus Pocus to kill divebombing bugs around a light. They don't last very long. Then again, I am sure that bug spray is MUCH cheaper but I didn't have any one hand :)))

Davis Shorthorns

how bout something that isn't supposed to be show supplies.  A hair straightener.  I was at a no fit show and my heifers tail head hair was curling over really bad so I asked my girlfriend for her electric hair straightener and it worked wonderful. 

KCK

Davis Shorthorns said:
how bout something that isn't supposed to be show supplies.  A hair straightener.  I was at a no fit show and my heifers tail head hair was curling over really bad so I asked my girlfriend for her electric hair straightener and it worked wonderful. 

Those were being used in high volume at the Hereford Junior National. Seeing a tall, manly man using a pink one made me giggle. Then, once he found out how much it cost, he wan't too excited to buy his wife a new one:)

RSC

The other night we were leaving to go to a County fair with some friends and their 2 kids were going to stay with our 3 boys.  My 9 year old wanted me to get rid of a wasp nest so that they could play out front by our porch.  He said Dad, lets try the Tail Adheisive trick you read me off the Planet.  I don't think he was so worried about the Wasps as much as he thought it would be cool.  Boy it did work great.  They don't have a prayer once they start flappin those sticky wings.

A story of my own. About 3 years ago this Summer, my best friends Brother Inlaw was getting married so he asked my best friend if he could borrow his truck and Aluminum trailor to carry the Wedding party from the town where wedding was to the town where the reception was about 15-20 miles away.  He had several picknic tables and coolers of refreshments in the back and I was the driver.  Because temps were close to 100 he had his generator in the back of the truck with cords going through the nose door into the trailor with a stereo back there and a couple Sullivan Barn Fans hanging to keep the party cool.  It worked great, even though Jeff Foxworthy would have had a hayday with it.

Anyway we get to the reception and after about an hour in with several hundred people in the reception hall,  the air conditionor can't handle the load and it quits and the hall becomes very warm.  He goes back to his trailor and grabs the fans and with the wall bracket hangs them from a ledge in the hall.  The crowd all hung around the fans.  Worked great!  There was a couple hundred bucketfulls of bear drank that day.

RSC