Our daughters first calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

wrc

These are our 9 year old daughters first calves.  My main concern when picking her calves was disposistion with quality being secondary.  We raised the heifer and she is an alias out of an angus cow.  She is a doll with the best attidude of any calf I've ever been around.  The steer is a milkman out of an angus cow and he will classify angus for us here in Oklahoma.  Theyhave to be out of a reg. angus cow and have breed characteristics (solid black and smoothed polled)  Let me know what y'all think.

Attachments

• Laramie's calves 022.jpg
    Laramie's calves 022.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 611

wrc

Heres a couple more pictures.

Attachments

• Laramie's calves 025.jpg
    Laramie's calves 025.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 587
  • Laramie's calves 019.jpg
    Laramie's calves 019.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 534

OH Breeder

if people saw what I started out with they woudl laugh. Those are pretty nice beginner calves. The steer is going to have to be rinsed for hair it looks like. He has some muscle shape too.
The female is super feminine from the picture. I like her alot. Is that the shower in the picture. She is pretty cute too.  ;)  Goodluck with the calves.

You have a great resource here on this board. Don't be afraid to ask any questions. I know I have asked a ton.

coachmac

Nice calves and please pass that on the the young lady.  This is our second year with our 9 y/o daughter.  She is having fun and looking forward to MANY days on the road.  Gotta love those smiles!!

wrc

Thanks for the compliments.  I was a little concerned that 2 calves might be too much for her, but in our county the heifer show is super tough and our only realistic shot at the premium sale is with a steer.  I had planned on selling this heifer but she is just too good natured to let go.  Tonight was the first night me and my daughter worked with the calves together and when we got done she said it was fun, alot more fun than watching her little brother practice t-ball.  I really hope she enjoys this as much as I do!  I made some mistakes with my step son and he got out of showing cattle for a couple of years untill this year.  He is a senior and he just showed 2 steers at OYE.  I think big brother is jelous of little sis' calves this year.  Hers one more picture of the steer.

Attachments

• Laramie's calves 011.jpg
    Laramie's calves 011.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 519

Gerard

Fellow okie stay away from meyres angus they tend to be hard to handle for me good luck