Our herd bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

HAB

Out checking cows the other evening and took this picture of our 7 year old herdbull.  He is just starting to shed out, so his haircoat is a little rough.

Attachments

• Pericles 06-11.jpg
    Pericles 06-11.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 254

HAB

simmyman67 said:
Is he a Galloway?

JIT- The word TANK, has been used quite often when he is being described.  Thanks  :)

SIMMYMAN67- Yes, he 100% Galloway.

olsun

I love seeing your Galloway cattle pics. Keep em coming, great cattle. Where are you located, would like to see them in person.

HAB

olsun said:
I love seeing your Galloway cattle pics. Keep em coming, great cattle. Where are you located, would like to see them in person.

Olsun- Thanks

We are located in SE North Dakota, about 40 miles SW of Fargo.  Cattle are available to view anytime.

HAB

sue

nice and chunky.  do you have pics of his daughters too?

wyatt

dang what a tank hes huge  O0 and hairy lol wish i had him haha i love Galloway's are they tame someone told me they are pretty skittish and also did you raise him?! <beer> (if ya did good job)

xxcc

just out of curiousity, if you bred him to some Scottish Highlanders, would the result be multiple Jimi Hendrii  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

HAB

xxcc said:
just out of curiousity, if you bred him to some Scottish Highlanders, would the result be multiple Jimi Hendrii   O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

;D  Yes they would, but without the horns. ;)

Here is a different angle taken last year.

Attachments

• pericles 2010.jpg
    pericles 2010.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 167

CAB

Hab I'm set for this year's breeding season, but for next year possibly, how can a guy get semen in the tank? Are you planning on going to NWSS? Thanks, BC.

HAB

CAB said:
Hab I'm set for this year's breeding season, but for next year possibly, how can a guy get semen in the tank? Are you planning on going to NWSS? Thanks, BC.

We have him collected and stored @ Hawkeye in Billings, MT.  Semen is available through us directly.

We are currently working with Genex, to get him in their Added Attractions line up.

Yes, we go to the NWSS, and typically bring the tank along.

Thanks,

Harley

HAB

mark tenenbaum said:
Eyecandy is out of a Galloway cow-and is one of the better breeding clubcaf bulls-works on Shorthorns,yours would too O0

I agree, I have seen quite a few good Shorthorn X Galloway crosses.

HAB

wyatt said:
dang what a tank hes huge  O0 and hairy lol wish i had him haha i love Galloway's are they tame someone told me they are pretty skittish and also did you raise him?! <beer> (if ya did good job)

Wyatt- I call him a frame score 6, but most people tell me he is a strong 5.  He weighed 2,566 in Jan.  Some of the old herds had some skittish ones, as the cattle were lucky to see people once a year.  We cull anything with attitude.  I cannot take credit for raising him.  He was raised by Glenfiddich Galloways in Ontario, Canada.

HAB

wyatt

HAB said:
wyatt said:

Wyatt- I call him a frame score 6, but most people tell me he is a strong 5.  He weighed 2,566 in Jan.  Some of the old herds had some skittish ones, as the cattle were lucky to see people once a year.  We cull anything with attitude.  I cannot take credit for raising him.  He was raised by Glenfiddich Galloways in Ontario, Canada.

HAB
haha thanks and once again another Canadian influence bull i like

HAB

We had people ask us if he was ever tested for TH or PHA.  He had not been, so we did test him this summer.  He came back NEGATIVE for both tests.  ;D

Thanks for the comments.

Harley