Attachments

• cheese22012.jpg
    cheese22012.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 417
  • cheesebuttshot.jpg
    cheesebuttshot.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 413

shortdawg

Had a pretty good day back on Sat as well as a little bad luck. We won our class and was on our way back around to line up for the final breed drive when our steer bump into a guy with a comb in his pocket. The comb stuck our steer which of course made him a little crazy for a bit, spun around , knocked a lady down(she was ok) and order was restored. Went back in and won the Hereford show which was great. However, when we were getting him ready for the overall grand drive we found a tooth off the comb embedded in his leg so we limped through the final drive. Don't really think he would've cracked the top 5 but it sure was a bummer to get that far and limp through the drive. He's ok now though.

Attachments

• 2012statechampherf.jpg
    2012statechampherf.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 390

HF CHARS

Cut the BS said:
Simmgal said:
Good looking Hereford!

in al reality.. he's just a high % and looks like one.
thats a little harsh,,,he looks more like the kind of herf I would wanna raise than some some of the low growth "clubby " herfs that some are raising

shortdawg

Cut the BS said:
Simmgal said:
Good looking Hereford!

In all reality he classed as a Hereford and the Judge who I hear is a Hereford breeder liked him enough to make him State Champion Hereford.  Our rules state that they have to show at least 50% breed characteristics to class.  I'm  trying to applaud the accomplishment of my son and I really don't appreciate your comments. My boys have exhibited 3 State Breed Champs and an Overall Reserve Grand at our State Show over the last 4 years and as their Daddy I'm proud of them whether anybody else is or not. It takes a lot of work to get one to that point.

kfacres

shortdawg said:
Cut the BS said:
Simmgal said:
Good looking Hereford!

In all reality he classed as a Hereford and the Judge who I hear is a Hereford breeder liked him enough to make him State Champion Hereford.  Our rules state that they have to show at least 50% breed characteristics to class.  I'm  trying to applaud the accomplishment of my son and I really don't appreciate your comments. My boys have exhibited 3 State Breed Champs and an Overall Reserve Grand at our State Show over the last 4 years and as their Daddy I'm proud of them whether anybody else is or not. It takes a lot of work to get one to that point.

good for you...

but that's not a herf.. he just looks like one... 

shortdawg

Who cares !!!! I've stated that he is a Carpe Diem and he's not a PB Hereford bull - what more do you want me to say ??????????

Crystalbeth

You know its like how breeding Red Angus X Jersey X Guernsey X milking Shorthorns makes some Shorthorn breeders.
Or buying a tank with Simm semen in it makes a person a Simm. expert.
It's all in the perception.

kfacres

Crystalbeth said:
You know its like how breeding Red Angus X Jersey X Guernsey X milking Shorthorns makes some Shorthorn breeders.
Or buying a tank with Simm semen in it makes a person a Simm. expert.
It's all in the perception.

or defending a genetic carrier with rediculous names such as Mulefoot'n 47....

Boy, I CAN'T wait until the day it's confirmed... 

shortdawg

Whatever ...........  They have a reg hereford steer show too and he wasn't in it.  He met their standars and that's all that matters

herf96

[/quote]

Please explain how he looks like a high %?  No doubt he is one, being out of Carpe Diem, but I need your intelligence to tell me what makes him look like a high %.  You seem to be really smart about this and several other things.  Please enlighten me.

By the way shortdawg, the calf is good no matter what he is!!!

shortdawg

Again, the purpose of the thread is to highlight the accomplishment of my boys - I really don't know what mule foot has to do with this thread nor do I care what you think or don't think nor what you are going to do or not going to do if it's proven - You obviously are a poor excuse for a human being to hijack a thread that highlights the accomplishment of anyone especially a kid - anybody that has exhibited cattle that can compete on that level knows how much time and effort it takes and my kids have done it with Shorthorn, Angus, and Herefords - obviously they must be doing something right and again I appreciate their efforts or anybody else's efforts to get a calf to that point - whether you like or dislike JPJ cattle I don't care but that breeding has been good to my kids and will pay for their college educations .......