Our Newest Herd Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

JoeBnTN

We're really pleased to have recently added SBF Patent Pending to our herd.  Out of Waukaru Patent 8161 and the dam of Osage, he offers calving ease with exceptional growth. Bred for the beef industry, he's sound enough and well made to compete in the show ring.  He just made it home to Tennessee and we invite you to come take a look.  He'll be a great outcross for our Matador and Leader daughters.

*x4023444  WAUKARU GOLD SHIP
x4095819  WAUKARU GOLD CARD 5042
x4049744    WAUKARU COLONIAL NAN 233

Sire: x4144656  WAUKARU PATENT 8161 ET

*x4030989  C P BOSTON BODACIOUS 12H
4112499  WAUKARU 12H MELITA ROSE 5021ET
*x4023395  WAUKARU MELITA ROSE 0144

*x3897477   BYLAND GOLD DUST
*x3963159   BYLAND GOLD SPEAR
x3881231     BYLAND AUGUSTA 1D40

Dam: *x4072605  AR SU LU ORANGE BLOSSOM 340

*x3982142    SHALIMAR VENTURE
*4043634  SHALIMAR ORNG BLOSSOM 135
*x3952721    SHALIMAR ORNG BLOSSOM 575

BW:  + 2.5  WW: +36    YW: +59    Milk +6

Attachments

• Patent Pending.jpg
    Patent Pending.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Patent Pending - Toronto.jpg
    Patent Pending - Toronto.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 200

JoeBnTN

That's her photo from Ward's dispersal.  She's been a great producer for Shadybrook and ArSuLu before that.

OH Breeder

JoeBnTN said:
That's her photo from Ward's dispersal.  She's been a great producer for Shadybrook and ArSuLu before that.

I have a jump drive I try to save the catalogs on so they don't take up so much room in my filing cabinet. Yes, I got that from their disperals catalog.

justintime

Glad to hear that you like him Joe. I hope he is close to how I described him to you. I thought he had a lot to offer most any program. As I told you, the more I looked that this bull .. the more I liked him. Very sound structurally and very well muscled but not to the point where he could creates calving issues. He is very well balanced and with this pedigree He should do some good things for you. I  think his dam is one of the really good cows in the Shadybrook herd. She is a real " beef" cow and it is apparent ( to me at least) why she is a producers of herd bulls. Good luck with your new bull!

JoeBnTN

justintime said:
Glad to hear that you like him Joe. I hope he is close to how I described him to you. I thought he had a lot to offer most any program. As I told you, the more I looked that this bull .. the more I liked him. Very sound structurally and very well muscled but not to the point where he could creates calving issues. He is very well balanced and with this pedigree He should do some good things for you. I  think his dam is one of the really good cows in the Shadybrook herd. She is a real " beef" cow and it is apparent ( to me at least) why she is a producers of herd bulls. Good luck with your new bull!
Grant,

Thanks for all your help - Dad says he's exactly as advertised (or as you described him).  We really liked him for the reasons you described and after seeing Icon (half-brother) in Louisville, really liked the way Patent was stamping his calves.  Other issues were the great spread from birth to weaning - I haven't seen another one that good this year and perhaps most importantly, it lets us stack what I think were two of the best cows at Bakenhuis' (Missie 709 - the dam of Matador and Massive, and now the Orange Blossom cow) in our cow herd.  Throw in the fact that we used a Gold Spear X Meg son earlier, and we've tied up some of the most practical, proven genetics in the breed. 

Thanks again for all the help!

JoeBnTN

OH Breeder said:
JoeBnTN said:

I have a jump drive I try to save the catalogs on so they don't take up so much room in my filing cabinet. Yes, I got that from their disperals catalog.
If you've got the photo of Missie 709 and/or Matador's full sister (they were listed next to each other in the catalog) could you send them to me?  The full sister looks like most of our Matador daughters -- long, feminine and very productive. 

Thanks!

Okotoks

JoeBnTN said:
We're really pleased to have recently added SBF Patent Pending to our herd.  Out of Waukaru Patent 8161 and the dam of Osage, he offers calving ease with exceptional growth. Bred for the beef industry, he's sound enough and well made to compete in the show ring.  He just made it home to Tennessee and we invite you to come take a look.  He'll be a great outcross for our Matador and Leader daughters.

*x4023444  WAUKARU GOLD SHIP
x4095819  WAUKARU GOLD CARD 5042
x4049744    WAUKARU COLONIAL NAN 233

Sire: x4144656  WAUKARU PATENT 8161 ET

*x4030989  C P BOSTON BODACIOUS 12H
4112499  WAUKARU 12H MELITA ROSE 5021ET
*x4023395  WAUKARU MELITA ROSE 0144

*x3897477   BYLAND GOLD DUST
*x3963159   BYLAND GOLD SPEAR
x3881231     BYLAND AUGUSTA 1D40

Dam: *x4072605  AR SU LU ORANGE BLOSSOM 340

*x3982142    SHALIMAR VENTURE
*4043634  SHALIMAR ORNG BLOSSOM 135
*x3952721    SHALIMAR ORNG BLOSSOM 575

BW:  + 2.5   WW: +36    YW: +59    Milk +6
He has some pretty impressive birth to weaning/ yearling numbers! I have always liked Waukaru Patent and ironically we have a son coming the other direction  (lol)
Good luck with Patent Pending, it looks like he will compliment your program (thumbsup)

cowdoc1973

Will you be collecting him for future semen sales? We are happy with our Osage daughters and Goldcard calves. How did he do in the shows in Canada? I cannot read the RWF banner?

JoeBnTN

cowdoc1973 said:
Will you be collecting him for future semen sales? We are happy with our Osage daughters and Goldcard calves. How did he do in the shows in Canada? I cannot read the RWF banner?
Our plans are to collect him after spring breeding season.  He's going to be used on a small number of cows this spring, mostly behind our AI program but we wanted to get some calves for early 2013.

The only time that I know he was out was the RWF where he was Reserve Calf Champion (behind his half brother Icon) and then at the CWA where he stood second behind the Alta Cedar Real Steel bull.  He's handled all his travels extremely well -- he weighed 965 at the RWF and is weighing around 1300 now after his trip to the south (he had to take the long way from Regina, back to Shadybrook, then to Tennessee) so well very good about his overall growth and development.  We're very excited about what he brings to our herd.

uluru

JoeBT I tried to buy his dam at  Ward's sale where I bought two other cows but she was beyond my $
Good luck with him
I like Patent.