Our newest inventsments, we have fallen victim to the dark side

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bradenh

thanks to shortdawg and steerplanet we have had the oppritunity to purchase our first taste of shorthorn cattle down here in texas and i want to take the time to post some pictures of them and say thanks to jason and shortdawg! feel free to tell me what you think

we have only had these here at home for 3 days so green is more or less to be expected, steer is the roan october weighing a whoping 282 pounds- he is out of shortdawgs blanco bull and a sunny day coldstone cow

heifer is a september vegas x radioactive and i promise she doesnt have any structure issues dispite looking straight in the picture of the profile, it was all i could get due to the fact that she wanted to try to run back to georgia  <beer>

Attachments

• pistolannie behind.jpg
    pistolannie behind.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 161
  • pistolannie profile.jpg
    pistolannie profile.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 197
  • Shortdawg profile.jpg
    Shortdawg profile.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 200
  • shortdawg hip.jpg
    shortdawg hip.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 192

johnwayne

The Dark Side, Dude, ou rock. We love the shorties... they are adictive. we too have a calf out of a vegas cow solid white out of Jakes Proud Jazz. she is cool. also have another WHR shorty way to go cant wait to yall at a show.

Bradenh

for sure! i also like the attitudes, mabey next time we see you if we have shorthorns you wont have to be calling an ambulance or trying to bring me back to earth after a good knot on the head like a few years back

HF CHARS

Nice calves,,,horns aren't so bad,,,if I didn't have 3 breeds already I think they would be fun to play with!

linnettejane

nothin' dark about the shorty side!  i love mine and wouldnt trade them for anything! 

very nice!  i love that heifer!!!  i wish i had known she was for sale, lol

keep us posted on their progress

MCC

Nice calves! I really like them. Congrats to both of you. (clapping)

rackranch

Hey B, make sure those calves have had respiratory vaccinations.  Some of the Shorties we have raised down here seem more susceptible to respiratory problems.  Can't wait to see them in May and good luck.

Bradenh

here, i feel like this one does the steer more justice

Attachments

• IMAG1673-1.jpg
    IMAG1673-1.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 188

NHR

What shows are you taking your heifer out to in Texas? We travel the to some jackpots in your area.

chiangus

Would love to get into shorties also.  It seems that a lot of the talk on this forum is shorthorns. 

jaimiediamond

chiangus said:
Would love to get into shorties also.  It seems that a lot of the talk on this forum is shorthorns. 

I would highly recommend Shorthorns I absolutely love ours and know many other breeders feel as highly about them as I do :D