Our Simmental Heifer for Louisville

Help Support Steer Planet:

AdrienneHilbrands

Hi All,
I haven't posted much myself but I love reading all of your posts and opinions... We finally got a picture taken this weekend of our heifer we're planning to sell in Louisville this fall at the 2009 NAILE sale.  Just curious what you all thought of her (and I'm maybe guilty of trying to drum up a little interest...).

We've only had her out once so far... Labor Day Weekend to the MN State Fair where she stood first in a class of 12 and went on to be named Reserve Heifer Calf Champion.

She's a purebred Simmental heifer out of Kappes Trailblazer and HS Reflective Dream (She's a 600U out of HS Reflections who is the dam of the Genex sires Remington and Winchester).  Birthdate is 3-10-2009.  No official adjusted WW weight yet but a few weeks ago she weighed 590 so she should adjust to right around 690 lbs.

Thanks for your opinions and for looking!!!
Adrienne
Hilbrands Simmentals

Attachments

• W65L - 3x5.jpg
    W65L - 3x5.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 234

Cattledog

I really like her!  She looks to have really nice muscle shape with alot of extension throughout her front 1/3.  Not to mention....style to burn.  Also, looks like all four feet are pointing the right direction.  You should be proud to own her!

Bone2011

the heifer looks really good. I like her even better cause I think she is a sister to the supreme champion bull at the black hills stock show that we purchased from you?

Telos

Right on target for a good purebred Simi.

Also really like your photo work. Do you do work for other breeders?

TMJ Show Cattle

This heifer might be somewhat "bold" in her shoulders,but if you have any decent size ass at all,that can be expected.That is a really good Simmy heifer you have. If I would want to be critical [which I don't] I wish the Simmy's had more hair.Very nice heifer and she will compete anywhere,then as she should, be productive in the pasture. Congradulations!!

lowann

Nice Simi!!  The Northland Classic Simmental sale in November is here in Worth County, Iowa. I think she would be a hot item if she were in that sale.
Good luck!!

AdrienneHilbrands

Thanks everyone for your comments and for looking!  She's been fun to work with and will be hard to let go but that's what we're in the business for!  

GC - She's not a full sib to the bull you've got but has some of the same bloodlines... he's a Remington son himself and this heifer's dam is a half sib to Remington!  You'll have to keep us updated on his calves..... we love the calves out of his dam... she makes some good ones!!!

Telos - Thank's for the compliments on the photography... I've been doing our own work for a couple of years now and some for another good friend of ours but haven't expanded much beyond that.  Not that I wouldn't entertain the thought of doing more in the future.  I really enjoy it.  I just haven't had as much time to do it since I work full time off the farm and have 2 small kids at home but small jobs close to home aren't so bad right now!

Thanks again everybody!