Outcross Paintearth Rama 53U

Help Support Steer Planet:

thunderdownunder

I've seen photos of this bull a few times and I really like him. I think he has a he!! of a lot to offer the breed. Has anyone got any pictures of calves they can post?

Okotoks

thunderdownunder said:
I've seen photos of this bull a few times and I really like him. I think he has a he!! of a lot to offer the breed. Has anyone got any pictures of calves they can post?
Bottom right red and white heifer in the link below is a Rama daughter (a Dottie also!)
http://grantspix.smugmug.com/2011-Livestock-Shows/Canadian-Wester/20269954_NzT6bD#1602492783_D4xQGsw

The red bull callf middle row 1GRP1248_SM is a Rama Shorthorn Plus, dam was a commercial simmie cow
http://grantspix.smugmug.com/2011-Livestock-Shows/Canadian-Wester/20269954_NzT6bD#1602500437_KqjtWw2

justintime

Rama is one of the best bulls I have seen in the past couple years, and his pedigree is an outcross to many of today's popular bloodlines. When you go back into his pedigree there are lots of the greats from the past stacked together.  Some include: Four Point Major, Super Flag, Ready Go, Four Point Royal 13th, Irish Mist, Banner Royal Oak, Blue Rock Roan Chief ( D), Sunalta Silver Marquis and many more.
He is one of the most honest true beef sires out there. Great muscling, great feet and legs, great balance and eye appeal.

happyrock

justintime said:
Rama is one of the best bulls I have seen in the past couple years, and his pedigree is an outcross to many of today's popular bloodlines. When you go back into his pedigree there are lots of the greats from the past stacked together.  Some include: Four Point Major, Super Flag, Ready Go, Four Point Royal 13th, Irish Mist, Banner Royal Oak, Blue Rock Roan Chief ( D), Sunalta Silver Marquis and many more.
He is one of the most honest true beef sires out there. Great muscling, great feet and legs, great balance and eye appeal.
Ditto,  Saw him at Agribition as a 2 year old, an impressive beast, full of meat, looks to me to be the right kind.

Is Semen currently on open market?

HR

Hilltop

we flushed HC Fairest Faye 25L to Rama, and plan to flush ACC Candy's Winegum 14W to him also

thunderdownunder

Hilltop said:
we flushed HC Fairest Faye 25L to Rama, and plan to flush ACC Candy's Winegum 14W to him also
(thumbsup) Good choice, I think he'll click well with Winegum.

justintime said:
thunderdownunder said:
Wow they are some great calves. Will semen be collected for Australia?

I know he is collected for here, so why don't you stay here and then you can use him!

All I need is a good reason to stay JIT, I have no problem with the idea!

Okotoks

kiblercattle said:
Any updates?
We used an ET son of Painteart Rama 53U and we are really happy with his calves. Here are a couple. I think several Rama sons are working well in other herds.The heifer photo was taken on pasture this fall, no creep and mother's milk on a pretty poor pasture.
The bull calf photo was taken last spring.

Attachments

• 27D.jpg
    27D.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Newbiggon Dauntless 23D.jpg
    Newbiggon Dauntless 23D.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 234