Overall sire reports

Help Support Steer Planet:

RankeCattleCo

I know calving season is just starting, but who have your best calves been out of?

Be warned, I am looking primarily for mainly clubby influence calves and bulls that are commonly used in club calf production.

Pictures are awesome, along with sire and dam, birth weight, etc.

Let's hear how calving is going!

Telos

Thriller is a proven producer. I know semen is expensive if you can even find it. I would use one of his sons. There are several out of good cows.

O'hara has a nice son (Bremer bred) that is more on the line of breeding type cattle but think he'd work well on clubby influenced cows. He's just one that comes to mind.

Clark Club Calves

We loved our Thriller calves.  Too bad we cannot get him in Canada any more. I am supprised they have not come out with a full brother.  Is Thrillers dam still a live?    We kept a Thriller X Bleedin Purple Bull he looks pretty good we have to get him tested to see if he TH clean.  He has lots of hair but this year with the cold weather up here they all have a good coat of hair.

DSC

I have heard of a couple Harlem Shake calves that look very promising. Mine won't hit the ground until march though.

Barry Farms

Telos said:
Thriller is a proven producer. I know semen is expensive if you can even find it. I would use one of his sons. There are several out of good cows.

O'hara has a nice son (Bremer bred) that is more on the line of breeding type cattle but think he'd work well on clubby influenced cows. He's just one that comes to mind.

Bulls Name?

tcf

Disclaimer off the top- I manage the sale of MLC Semen in Canada-

Choppin Wood
2 Steer and 1 Heifer, off 1650lb Red Angus and two Red Sim/Red Ang. Love these calves. All unassisted, lots of vigor. The best steer is off the straight Red Angus. He has bone, lots of shape and is very correct. All will sell easy in my market. Hair is good and all are the darker caramel colour. heifer is a bit longer built, nice skulled and has a nice set to her hind leg.

Bodacious
Steer  and Heifer. Easily the hairiest and biggest boned. Both are baldy with white bellies and socks. The steer is wicked stout. Steer off a Black Baldy Cow, not big framed but 1600+lbs. The heifer has some jam, is extremely good fronted and smooth made, love the cow a marked up Full Blood Sim looking. all unassisted,. never saw these two born, both were up and sucking when found.

Monopoly Money
Really like these calves. Lots of hair and style but don't sacrifice shape and muscle. Twins and a steer. Solid Red steer off a Brockle Hereford/Red Angus cow. He is really neat, very correct. The twins were black steer and blk brockle off a white faced Char/Hereford. Lots of bone in the steer and very hair. Heifer is fancy but unfortunately the wrong end of a twin. all unassisted, twins were sucking when found, steer was getting licked off but sucked on his own.

Unstoppable
Red White Face heifer off a Hereford cow. really like the make  up of her. long necked, great topped and lots of hip. had hair but lots of the Hereford curl came through. This cow is nothing to look at but bangs them out every year and milks well. She will have some shine come fall. unassisted, lots of vigor.

I will have a tough decision coming up with the new bulls we brought up and what to breed. Very happy with the results. My family is Canada's oldest Hereford breeders. When I started breeding clubby's my dad was a bit skeptic. He had heard all of the negative and stereotypes of breeding crossed bulls. Now after this year he is pumped about which bulls we should pick, I knew it was only a matter of time. The industry in Canada is growing like wild fire. If you are looking for a great steer or prospect heifer make sure to look into the sales north of the boarder. Prices are reasonable and the quality is there!

If you have questions feel free to holler at me. I post pictures on twitter @TheCliffsFarm and Facebook regularly. They are too large to put on here.

Kurtis Reid
[email protected] or DM me.

Warrior10

There is a studly looking Fu Man Chu on Wade Rodger's blog. First Fu Man Chu calf I have seen. Also the Maternal Perfection calves on their blog look really dang good too.

Carlson Cattle

Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
There is a studly looking Fu Man Chu on Wade Rodger's blog. First Fu Man Chu calf I have seen. Also the Maternal Perfection calves on their blog look really dang good too.

Ive also really been liking the maternal perfection calves also. looks like the heifers will make great replacements

Telos

Barry Farms said:
Telos said:

Bulls Name?

KBSC Zeplan

Carlson Cattle

I had an AMEN calf the other day out of a heatwave cow. diddent come out with a ton of power. lots of frame though

Barry Farms

Carlson Cattle said:
I had an AMEN calf the other day out of a heatwave cow. diddent come out with a ton of power. lots of frame though

You are probably not going to be able to tell how powerful or framey your calf will be until he/she is several months old.

chappy6655

The Irishman bull calf out of a TH free Monopoly daughter 86 lb BW @ 286 days. Checked on her at 9:30 am yesterday nothing going, checked again at 2:30 pm calf was up sucking.  <party>

Attachments

• P3142749.JPG
    P3142749.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 255

mark tenenbaum

RankeShowCattle said:
Would you say he is worth the $75-$100 cost he is running for semen?/// IF YOU CAN EVEN GET IT-forget about it-and flush a good cow to him-I could never figure out why he and bulls like Whos Destiny never created a sound-then the dam breaks,unfortunately thriller was very limited; O0

Warrior10

Had our first Monopoly Money calf this week. Added thickness, bone and hair while keeping the heifer attractive and feminine. Very pleased with the results, will use him more in the future.

Barry Farms

Telos said:
Barry Farms said:
Telos said:

Bulls Name?

KBSC Zeplan

Thanks Telos.

For my sire reports I got poor conception on all of my cows, my vet told us to use the heifer sync program for 2 yr old pairs and we also had a few 3 year old cows in the group. I don't know if it has to do with the semen or if we just synced them wrong. 0/4 Bodacious, 1/3 Rumor Mill, 2/5 Dirty Hairy 2.

Rumor Mill calf is superior in every way. More hair, bigger boned, more body than the Angus and DH2 calves and less leg, and more muscle. In a heifer.

Dirty Hairy 2 they just look like a smaller, stouter, wider angus, no hair.

Bodacious unfortunately I can't speak from experience.  (lol)