Oxy Explosion and Revive

Help Support Steer Planet:

renegade

How does everyone like oxy explosion?  How long b4 your shows do you start using it? Does it make a difference pretty quick or how long does it take?

I was told to just comb in Revive.  Does it work best blown or combed in?  I always thought you were suppose to blow it in too

Doc

renegade said:
How does everyone like oxy explosion?  How long b4 your shows do you start using it? Does it make a difference pretty quick or how long does it take?

I was told to just comb in Revive.  Does it work best blown or combed in?  I always thought you were suppose to blow it in too
I really like Oxy. I usually start at least 90 days before the 1st show.  Revive,  I comb in & then blow.

dagrate1s

Oxy- great

Revive- bad

Revive is way too heavy for daily use. Kleen Sheen and homemade concoctions with vinegar and conditioners are way better. The only real use I would have for Revive is too help a calf with dry skin. Revive also traps heat in the hair and wont let as much air get to the skin to promote hair growth. We have shown cattle for a lot of years and this is just our findings, others may swear by Revive but I may use 1 can total each year.

Craig

Doc

Craig, I geuss I didn't catch about asking about everyday use. I don't use it every day , but I do believe it has a definite place.

Show Heifer

Maybe a coincidence but when I used Oxy my calves bloated continually until I stopped feeding it.

I guess I still believe in a rice brush and rinsing!!!

renegade

Show Heifer said:
Maybe a coincidence but when I used Oxy my calves bloated continually until I stopped feeding it.

I guess I still believe in a rice brush and rinsing!!!

So do I but I have a sale on saturday and the heifer's hair is a little dry and I had them torched and was told to use revive to help smooth and condition the coat.  It wasnt anything to do with growing the hair - they do that easy enough with out any product  O0.