Oxy-Explosion or Show Bloom

Help Support Steer Planet:

Millbrookshortys

I'm starting to run low on Show Bloom and I thought maybe I would switch things up a little by starting to feed Oxy-Explosion....by the sounds of it, it might be a little better than Show Bloom. I tought maybe you guys could give me a little input on it.

Thanks

rackranch

IMO if my calves are eating well, converting well, and are in overall healthy condition I wouldn't change from the show bloom.  It is an awesome product and you could run into problems changing their feed..

BCCC

If they need to gain weight Oxy-Explosion will make them do it. Do a search for it, been talked about more than once.

prfarms

My daughter's steer is an extremely picky eater - fed him oxy explosion for 1 month and he put on 3 lbs per day.  I skipped a couple of weeks (I had to order it in) and his ADG dropped to just under a lb. a day.  Started feeding it again and he is back up to 2.7 lbs. gain per day.

fordkindagirl

If the steer/heifer is gaining good (usually about 2.5-3.0lbs/day) I wouldn't change, just my opinion though. But if you need a little more gain then Oxy-Explosion might be better. But it all depends on the steer/heifer.
And if you do change do it slowly! (I know you probably know that, but wanted to emphasize it)