Ozark Empire Fair

Help Support Steer Planet:

SWMO

Ok I timed out while typing so I will try again.

Gary Bob It was extremely HOT to say the least.

We were there for the second session with the Limi's, Shorthorns, Braunvieh's, Brangus and Herefords.

In the Junior Show my son had the Reserve Champion Charolais(and the Champion Bred and Owned) and my daughter won Showmanship.  In the open show my daughter had the calf champion.  Different Judge different preferences.

If it wasn't for the added money in the Jr portion of the show I am not sure if we would even take cattle to OEF.  It is by far the least exhibitor friendly show that we go to.  And if they don't get something done to the show ring in the Boyd Arena they are going to continue to lose open show exhibitors.  I have never seen so many rocks.  The bigger the cattle the less they wanted to walk.  Many of the bigger bulls, Sr Yearling Heifers and the Pairs just quit.  And they worked the show ring after each show so there were more and more rocks.  What a mess. OK I have had my rant and rave about it.

Supreme Female - Angus
Reserve - Lim Flex
third - Angus
Fourth - Shorthorn
Fifth - Red Angus pair

SWMO

They Don't do a Supreme Bull at this show.

J & S Ranch was pulling the Grand Charolais Bull. (open show) Don't know the owner

We had the Reserve ChampionCharolais bull in the open show.  he was the Grand Bull in the Jr Show.

Latest posts