Packing up the Showbox

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

Ok, we're packing the showbox.....gotta try to not forget anything!  What is the most unusual item you drag along to shows?

red

you mean other than Killer Kitty?
I also always travel w/ my cot & coffee maker!

Red

DA

Well if its what everyone likes to still it's drink mix to go in the calves water they like to still it and mix themself a drink. And they like to still adhesive . But at Houston we learned a new trick, take adhesive and hay and glue it in the walk way because on the weekend all the city people walk throw the barn and it funny to see them get hay stuck to there feet. Sounds mean but it's not that bad. But you have to take a radio and some good CD"s that's what make a show. Have fun (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

cowz

DA....you must be one of those kids that ties the $5 bill to fishing line and waits for someone to pick it up.    One of our 4H kids got the surprize of his life when the little old lady tried to pick up twice, then got ahold of it and ripped it off the line and put it in her pocket.  I haven't laughed until I cried since! (clapping)

DLD

There are several things that aren't directly for the cattle that make life alot easier for me. I always carry a good pair of pliers, a couple of screwdrivers (flat and phillips), a 9/16" combination wrench (fit's our fans mounting bolts) and a ratchet with 9/16" and 5/8" (fit's our fan cage) sockets. A roll of electrical tape always comes in handy, too. I like to keep an old hand towel or two in addition to a roll of paper towels and a small bottle of hand sanitizer. You can use electrical tape and a piece of paper towel, but a few bandaids come in handy, too. These items don't take up much space, but they're sure nice to have when you need 'em.

David

Showcalves

Spare contacts, solution, file folder to keep foam and kleen sheen out of tail head, advil, cattle mags, lesson planning books.

Melinda

DA

Baby wipes work great in the lamb and goat showbox. When its to cold to wash or the weather will not let you baby wipes work great to clean them up. I like to keep z-ties in the show box. For hanging signs or tieing follow ffa buddy to there chairs when there asleep. The money trick is old but the younger kids like to do that one. But there is a guy who I show with when he was showing open show him and the man who he was working for showing got a $5 or $10 dollar bill and put poop in the middle of it they really did have people come by and pick it up,and put it in there pocket so see my trick wasn't that bad I'm not that mean. I was the look out for the adhesive thrick but it was a group of about 10 of us who didn't have nothing to do but hang out at the stall and laugh till we all were crying. An the best part is laughing at Matt the guy who thought it was so funny he fell out of his chair in to a bucket of water but he was a good sport about it and just laught that much harder.

cowz

bluegrass said:
Don't forget that big rubber spider for dropping in front of those head down tip toe walking city folk.

See reply #4 above.....Best $5 a 4H kid spends!

mlk32

Red-

You are forgetting my nephew's favorite peanut butter bars.  My nephew liked Red's peanut butter bars so much, I had to get her recipe and make them for the shows Red doesn't make!

Oh, and don't forget the universal key for the showbox lock.  AKA-bolt cutters.

red

Hush MKL32! you're supposed to let them think I am a perfect creature who never forgets the keys to locks!
Goodies are always on the top of my list. I have actually gotten calls a week ahead from other families asking me what I'm bringing! Bad rep!!!

Red

genes

I had to start wearing rubber gloves because I was reacting to an adhesive or something.  Found out, wow, my hands also aren't black anymore.  Perfect (now I just need to solve the black face... :p)

bluegrass

Genes, a little bit of vasiline on the face right before fitting will keep the glue and paint from sticking. And a surgical mask will keep you from getting a sore throat and that black stuff that comes out of your nose 3 days.

red

You guys do realize that you point & aim the spray can at the calf not yourself?

Just had to pick on you this morning! (lol)

Red

genes

You do realize that I'm a klutz right ?  ;D  Oh and sometimes I had to fit outside on windy days.

I'll remember about the Vaseline if I have to do it again.

cowz

Ok gang!  Thanks for all the suggestions.  The box is packed, now time for the laundry!!!    We will be heading out for the long weekend to the biggest jackpot of the year around here!

I hope I didnt forget anything, but Im sure I have!    See all of you on Tuesday!