Paddy gestation/ BWT

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dixie

Does anyone have any idea as to what the gestation for Paddy O'Malley calves is running? Does he have a tendancy to run a little longer, shorter etc.? Any idea on average birth weights? Waiting on a few and so far all of ours have been running over a bit this year

Bulldogg

Had two heifers breed to him this year. One was a bull calf seven days early 60lbs. The other is now seven days late. Thinking the bull might have bread her.

DakotaCow

I have used paddy and never could get him figured out. I had a calf 8 days early out of a char x simm cow and had 120 lb calf, next 15 calves came all under 90 lbs and didnt come till 2 days late and later. I wouldnt recommend him on heifers either. JMO P.S remember to use him on square hipped cows!

Alpha

last year had two paddys one 3 days early bull, the other heifer right on time
this year have had 3 so far got two more coming, a bull calve 3 days early out of the same cow that had it 3 days early the year beforeout of paddy, the other two calves that are bulls came 2 days early
so for us they have been early or on time

savaged

I have bred the same cow to Paddy the past three years, and it's been a shorter gestation each time.  She was due the 18th of this month and dropped the calf last Friday.

From the same cow, they have ranged from large (90 lbs) to this one that probably won't weigh 70.